1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I'm Cured of GAS......I have a Wyn'ner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vakmere, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Vakmere

Vakmere

Yes thats right, I'm cured. Since I got my 2010 Wyn 6'er from Bongostealth a couple months ago I GAS no more. Totally unexpected. I have forced myself to look at the 'for sale' threads and when I do nothing happens. No desire to buy or even entertain the thought of buying. It's the strangest thing being I was living in the for sale threads for years buying and selling hoping to find "the one". We all do it. We search for that bass that is a pleasure to play and own. Sometimes we never know what to expect when buying a different bass and sometimes we are quickly dissappointed after recieving what we thought would "the one". Some of you reading this can relate if you presently own "that bass" regardless of the make. You found it!! Currently my Smith BSR6MW lies in state in the case since the Wyn arrived. It's not just pretty wood.

Pros: looks good, sounds good, feels good, I enjoy playing it, half the price of a new one with no waiting time, Randell Fulmer is easy to correspond to, looks good, sounds, good,........I said that already...

OBP 3 (PPvol - Bal - Tone - Treb - PPmid - Bass)
    Nordstrand Fat Stacks
    D'Addario XL's strung thru the body this time. Adds a little fatness to the overall tone.
    Walnut top and back
    Mohogany center
    Wenge neck
    Cocobolo FB

Cons: can't find any.

Gentlemen? I'm done. I'm not going to promote this bass by saying this is the greatest bla bla bla.... I can say if you get the chance to keep one in your possession for a couple days you may be very very impressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used to belong to this guy now it belongs to me.....
    (Maurice Fitzgerald)

[​IMG]

Thank you Talk Bass adoption agency. For me, this is a WYN'er.....;)
  2. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

Stunningly beautiful! Glad you're loving how it plays and sounds, too. Looks like a top-shelf instrument for sure.
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

That is a beautiful bass. Congratulations!
  4. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos Supporting Member

That is soooo beautiful! I would love to order a Wyn, but I don't think I could stand the wait :)
  5. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Man, I am sooo jealous. A Wyn is my dream bass.
  6. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

Pretty! Congratulations! I found my "one" a few months ago and am now GAS-free, so I know what you mean.

What do all those knobs do?
  7. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos Supporting Member

I believe they control the Awesome...