1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

I'm depressed... So I forged bills for 20,000 pounds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ArvindJayaram, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Anyone heard about the UK MP that was cleared of charges for forging bills by a judge because she was depressed? "Oh, I'm depressed, let me steal taxpayer's money."

Anyone who doesn't pay taxes obviously should not complain :rolleyes:

That's the world's oldest democracy. Yesterday, the Prime Minister acknowledged that the state supported the murder of an Irishman while he was eating dinner with his family. Of course, no names were revealed.

I wonder what's happening in the rest of the world? The crimes that never come to light. I've heard of the CIA experimenting with LSD and other substances on Americans. After it came to light, they were like, "We'll never do it again."

Anyone beaten up for chatting with a senator's daughter out there? Here in India, there was some kind romancing a politician's kid. Murdered at a college outing, but no one's to blame.

What is with the courts? They seem to be the only people who can't put 2+2 together. Unless it's one of the commoners.

And hey, you must all know about the Monster of the Andes. Captured and jailed for the rape and murder of over 300 children. Then inexplicably let out one night, taken to the border and disappears. :confused:

It's the new age vampires, I tell you.

- Jimmy Rage

2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Supporting Member

It is a general growing belief that nothing is your fault any more. You are not responsible for your actions any more. Everyone is a VICTIM of SOMETHING. And for that reason, you can no longer be blamed for your actions.

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I hadn't heard about the forging, though it doesn't surprise me. MPs get away with far too much, particularly all the expenses fiasco going on over the past few years.

It's also been quite carefully worded regarding Pat Finucane, I don't know if I'd go as far as state supported, but either way, pretty worrying. It's also interesting/slightly worrying that it's been glossed over by multiple governments (it happened over 20 years ago), wheras they'd usually love something juicy like this so they could point the finger at the other side.

The drug testing on citizens in the US was also a good number of decades ago.

Can't comment on what happened in India, other than it's also pretty messed up.

IMO, stuff like this has always happened. We are just more aware of it now than before with the speed and access to media.

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

ask any teacher, not attending, no homework, no notes, failed quizzes, failed exams, unfinished or started projects, facebook/texting in class, well when it's time to fail let the personal problems come out of the bag(as well as tears or screaming for added dramatic impact)

i really am going to stop writing now before i start to get really irritated

5. Register to disable this ad