Im Loving my Mark Bass amp....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by stonewall, Feb 14, 2014.

1. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

I recently purchased a new Mark Bass CMD 151 Jeff Berlin amp i paid $1229 plus tax Canadian.I have gigged with this amp 6 or 7 times now mostly medium sized bars.I just love this little thing i have yet to touch one tone control other than the first gig i set up i set treb,mids and bass 12 oclock flat i set my gain adjust my main volume turned the DI half way perfect every time.Ive played first couple gigs with my MM Stingray 4 H just awesome tones and now lately ive played my MM Sterling 4 HH what perfect match punchy woody full fat tones.The thing i love most is this.I play wireless so i move around alot on stage, my personal space sound is incredible to me i find myself asking the guys am i to loud.. lol they tell me no but i feel like wow this fantastic i feel and hear myself just perfect in my space.When i walk around to my band mates spaces all that power i hear in my spot is so nice and mellow still great sound and tones just way less intense. When i sound check the FOH you dont hear much off stage other than some nice easy to mix middy tones i add a bit of PA just awesome.This is a very nice amp for me it really suits my needs.This is not a fill the room type amp its a sweet personal space type amp that doesnt over power the stage and get in your bandmates space.I also find the DI seems to send a more flat tone to the board my last amp i had ultra high issues with my MM basses out front i used to turn treble on my board channel almost off now at twelve oclock no issues not sure why but anyways great little amp ......Terry

2. Shanebo

Shanebo

Right on!

I've been in love with mine for over 5 years now.

I EQ it differently for different basses though. With my fender P, it's totally flat except for the VPF at 3 0'clock--VLE off.

With my ESP LTD 5 string, i put some more EQ, mostly a slight bump on the low-mids and hi-mids, VLE at about 1 o'clock, and VPF at about 11 o'clock.

When I plug the Hartke 4.5 extension cabinet in, the business is definitely on!

All the best,

Shane

3. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

Nice description - I can almost see you working your way across the stage!

I have the less expensive cousins of both your amp and bass. I'm powering my cab through a Little Mark II, and lately my Sterling SUB RAY4 has been getting a lot of use.

It's nice when you reach that point of contentment with your equipment, where it matches exactly what you want.