1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

I'm out until Monday!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'm heading to Richmond tomorrow to see The Victor Wooten Band and Jimmy Herring's band at The National. I'm making a long weekend of it, so I'll be out until Monday. I might be able to check PM's and emails sporadically, but please don't count on me being my usual quick self.

Ya'll have a great weekend, too!!
  2. wilberthenry

wilberthenry

Enjoy. I caught Herring's band late this summer and really liked it. Neal Fountain is a great player.
  3. play4sanity

play4sanity

If there's a Sam Ash in Richmond, check to see if he's doing a free clinic. Last Sunday he was in Raleigh for a concert Sunday night and did a free 2 hour clinic at Sam Ash Sunday afternoon. It was well worth my time going. Amazing player and what I didn't know was also a very gifted teacher. Enjoy!
  4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Have a great trip!
  5. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Well, crud. I have to hit the road in an hour, and look what my FedEx guy just brought me!! Merry Christmas to me, but it'll have to wait until I get back.

[​IMG]

Jeff - I'll be able to ship your pickups and pedal today! Look for a tracking email in just a few minutes. Thanks!
  6. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

Nice Greg! I really want to hear that through a certain 610;)
  7. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

Alright Greg, you gotta give us an update. :ninja:I'll understand if you haven't been able to turn that DB751 off since you got back.:D
  8. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, man, what an amplifier! I had a bunch of fun with it yesterday, it really does sound great.

I did have a minor issue with it, though, so I've sent it back to have their tech take a closer look at it. I hate being that guy, but something about the preamp gain just didn't feel right. Too much distortion too early in the gain structure (the amp was breaking up too easily). It might be proper operation, but it felt wrong to me.

I am using an active bass and I generally don't like to use pads unless absolutely necessary. It's conceivable that the pad is just a neccessity with this amp and an active bass. As great as it sounds, I could probably learn to deal with it...

The Victor Wooten show this weekend was pretty awesome, too! It was 4 bass players (Victor Wooten, Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington & Dave Welsch), 2 drummers & 1 female singer. All the bass players played other instruments, too, like trumpet, trombone, cello, keyboards, etc. Very entertaining and fun to watch for bass players and non-bass players.

Jimmy Herring was pretty cool, too, although I think he could benefit from the "2 through 10" talk with Victor. After 4-5 songs, I felt like I'd seen everything I was gonna see from that part of the show. Which was a shame, because the band was smoking and the songs were good. I just felt like they could have benefitted from varying a few more parameters (volume, tempo, tone, etc.) to add a little interest to the show.
  9. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    fwiw when I used the TH500 I had to use the input pad as my active basses would overwhelm the input stage pretty quickly. They don't have a lot of headroom. I don't recall having to do that with the AG500s I had in back lines, can't remember with the DB750s.