I'm so crap at decision making!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinness20, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

Hi :)

I am such a plonker!

Been looking for a fuzz, and thought i had narrowed it down to the tfr and the musket. But now I'm thinking, what about the BAt Pharoah? And what's the blunderbuss like against the musket? And also curious about the very special and seriously special twosome fuzzes!

I'm so bad at this - you're meant to have like 2 contenders, and then make a decision. All I'm doing is constantly adding more contenders :rollno:
  2. cnltb

cnltb

I'm so crap at decision making!

me too.

It always takes me a LLOONNG time before I buy anything :)
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Get all of them and keep the ones you like.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Don't forget the You're Doom and the Duality Fuzz! Oh then there's the Hoof Reaper. And of course a Grey Stache should be at the top of your list. Oh and the Team Awesome Fuzz Machine. I use an Empress Multidrive though :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Guinness20

Guinness20

The only problem with that is that I'm a student with no income :/
  7. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Darkglass Duality :) What type of fuzz are you looking for?? gambino has a good idea, although rather expensive, to grab a bunch and see which ones you like and flip the rest. But you will lose money in the long run and spend a lot. Fuzz is a funny beast, Ive struggled finding one I liked for a while. Just about gave up on it. Then DG came out with one, I picked one up, and well, Im a Duality user now. And probably for life, its just straight bad a** IMO.
  8. Guinness20

Guinness20

The duality is a bit harsh to my ears. I had been looking at muff style fuzzes, and ceided that the tfr was the best for me. But then it's mid-scooped, whereas the musket has a mids dial. Then I've been told the blunderbuss fuzz is a meaner version of the musket.

I will be using the fuzz with an overdrive - either the b3k or the md blueberry.
  9. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Maybe check out the fuzzrocious grey Stache or a bumble fuzz then if you're into mid boosted fuzzes. I believe those would be good candidates. I could be wrong but I've heard those are good at cutting through. I was disappointed in the TFR as well. Way to buzzy for me. The duality can be dialed down for a more traditional style fuzz tone. I like the aggressive and metallic sounds I can get from it. It's really my ideal fuzz.
  10. aetheriac

aetheriac Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner - Sunken Acropolis Audio
    The very first thing you should do is look at sound and video demos. Grygrx's bassfuzz.com has a lot of videos for a lot of different fuzzes. While not every fuzz out there, it's a very good place to start.
  11. Guinness20

Guinness20

I do really like the tfr, and this clip of it with the b3k - https://soundcloud.com/bigbassbob/girltfrb3k - did it for me. It's not that I'm actively seeking a mid boosted fuzz, was just that I'd been told the musket was like the tfr but with a mids control, removing that problem.

Am I best off avoiding the likes of the BAt Pharoah and the twosome fuzzes?
  12. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

There are a few guys that use the Pharoah and the twosome here that really like them so I wouldn't rule them out. The twosome with the fix'd fuzz looks pretty sweet.
  13. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

What about an Eau Claire Thunder from Dwarfcraft Devices? ;)
  14. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

You can find a mojo hand Colossus fuzz used usually $125 or less. Muff fuzz with mids knob and switch with 3 different e q settings
  15. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I'm a Fuzzrocious-aholic. It's been one week since I bought my last Fuzzrocious pedal.
    I buy used so I can resell the ones I don't like at a minimal loss. Except I almost never actually sell them. :meh:
  16. Guinness20

Guinness20

The Claire thunder is just too heavy for me!
  17. Rabidrasbora

Rabidrasbora Supporting Member

The Pharaoh is solid, but IMO it's the most moderate-toned/least-fuzz like distortion of those listed. Won't reach that really "raunchy" fuzz sound.
  18. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Honestly, if your profile is accurate and you want to play with people, put the money towards a bigger amp. I did the same thing when I was younger, bought effects instead of investing in my amp. But if you're just having fun, then get a fuzz and enjoy the hell out of it.