***Important announcement regarding DVD/Instructional videos

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by adamnitti, Feb 22, 2012.

1. adamnitti

adamnitti

Hey everyone-

I know many of you have been wondering "what in the heck has happened to your DVD project?????"

First of all, I can't thank you enough for your patience. I wanted to check in and let you why the wait has been so long.

In short, a lot has changed over the last year. As many of you know, I shot over 2 hours of content for the first DVDs of an instructional series over a year ago that I had planned on releasing. The original idea was to release the first 2 DVDs close to the same time, and then continue to work on recording material for the next DVDs in the series. After the material was shot, I faced many interruptions (mostly music-related travel and recording work for other artists) so the editing process could only receive our attention when I was home and available. During that time, we had a lot of months to reflect on the original vision for the series and also dialogue with others who had traveled down the DVD road before. My conversations with those players and educators who I greatly respected inspired me to look a little more 'long-range' in terms of what I wanted my video-based educational efforts to encompass. After much interviewing, consultation, polling, and marketing research directed at looking at what the future was going to look like in the world of music education, we ultimately decided to restructure the vision and work towards a new model...

So what does all of this verbose rambling mean??? In short, I have decided to repurpose all of my content for a completely comprehensive and interactive subscription-based website that will allow me to continually expand my curriculum on a weekly basis and my entire course catalog as a whole to everyone that is a member. Now, before you get too bummed out that there won't be a DVD, let me share some more good news with you. All of the lessons covering ear training, improvisation, and reference material that we shot originally WILL STILL BE MADE AVAILABLE on a DVD, so that any of you that still want a hard copy will have that option. However, I am confident that once the hard media fans have an opportunity to sample the online version, they will soon discover a whole dimension to building an educational path that will be dynamic, exciting, and ever-expanding!

So then, what is happening right-now? Well, the domain has been secured and we are currently building the website. Also, I have been working each week on recording brand new video lessons that will hopefully inspire you and help you to get to the next level in your musical pursuits. We will have tons of content on the site; not just lessons, but behind-the-scenes videos, interviews, concerts, clinics, and much more. I can't share too many more details right now, but I can tell you it's going to be really cool! :hyper:

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience. Trust me in knowing I am doing everything I can to make sure it will be worth the wait... Thanks for reading, and I'll be posting more updates and video samples as we get closer to completion.

Sincerely,

Adam Nitti

2. _chrispy

_chrispy

Sounds great, can't wait to see it. Personal i think that an online version is much better than a DVD.

3. bottomzone

bottomzone

What will be the cost of the DVD when it becomes available? The online route is where the mainstream is heading.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

4. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

Thanks for the update. I'll be watching here for the link to the new site.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PaPaVB20

PaPaVB20

Thanks Adam, great news, I really like your approach at the instrument, and I am one of the group waiting for your release...Thanks and good luck with this project, I hope to be able get both DVD and online suscription...
    Keep us informed...

7. adamnitti

adamnitti

bottomzone, we don't have official pricing yet, but i would guess it would be in the $29.95 range...

thanks, everyone!

8. bottomzone

bottomzone

Keep me posted with the release date and cost. Thank you, sir!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

9. olegsulimov

olegsulimov

Hello, Adam.
    Many great bassists made different instructional DVDs, but almost all of them has got nothing to give to mid-level or even young bassists. It's told in lots of DVDs that everything is easy and you need just practice, so it's clear!!! But what about improvisation, how to create something own, what to do to become better rhythmically and melodically? I remember some useful DVDs, by Jaco and John Patitucci, masterclass by Victor Wooten and Anthony Wellington with students there, may be a couple of videos more. That's it! It's my opinion, probably someone may have got another one.

You're my favorite bassist in the world, you inspired me to buy my first 6-string bass. I'm really waiting for a DVD that can open my eyes to some evident details I can't see now. I'm sure you'll make an ideal one! :)
    By the way, didn't you want to make backing tracks to some (all) your albums with notes, as Alain Caron did? I think it would be great idea to do that, because lots of students from Musical colleges in Russia and all over the world play some songs using backing tracks.
    Thanks,
    Oleg.

10. adamnitti

adamnitti

oleg, thank you so very much for your fanship and kind words. that really means a lot to me, and i'm honored to have played a part in the inspiration. :)

not sure if this is what you mean, but i just got done having mixes done of my latest album minus bass... the idea is that i will sell the tracks to folks who wish to play along with the songs. is that what you were referring to?

as for your feedback on instructional material, i really appreciate the feedback. my site will be very comprehensive by the time it is done, so i hope to cater to all levels of players with material that will last them a very long time.

thanks again for your message,

adam

11. olegsulimov

olegsulimov

I'm really happy to communicate with you and that my words are important for you :) Thank you for everything you do! :)

As for tracks I meant this exactly. Tracks without bass to play alone :) What about notes of your bass lines and solos? Will you post them? By the way, will you make other albums' mixes without bass?

Thanks,
    Oleg.

12. adamnitti

adamnitti

oleg, i will probably sell them as downloadable mp3's or similar. they will be available for liminal very soon. i also plan on doing my prior records as well, but they will probably not be ready until later this year. because the sessions were done in various formats in the past, the mixes are not as readily available to my engineer so we will have to do some homework first. :D

13. olegsulimov

olegsulimov

LOL :D That's cool :) I do look forward to your mixes :) When I asked about notes I meant if there would be pdf file with notes or we need to learn by ear bass lines to be able to play with mixes? :)
    I think everyone should understand that you are always busy, so as for me I'm patient enough to wait for everything you do and believe that someday I'll be able to play a half of what you can do :)
    By the way, I had got a video when one Russian student from Novosibirsk Musical College plays Skitzo with a band, if you want I can email it to you :)

14. adamnitti

adamnitti

oh ok, i understand now. :) there will eventually be a transcription book that will be released for that. the first one will most likely feature 10 of my songs and provide transcriptions for the bass parts.

15. shaft311

shaft311 Supporting Member

Hell, post that here. That would be awesome to see!

16. PaPaVB20

PaPaVB20

Hi Adam, Fabian from Costa Rica here again, I´m working with one of my bands, making a tribute gig to all my favorite bass players. You being my favorite along with Alain Caron, let me to choose to play a couple of tunes, Skitzo, Renaissance Man and broken part 1 and 2....I´m still working on learning renaissance by ear, transcribing it to the rest of the band, etc....If you can get those baking tracks and transcriptions, sign me on for them...I love your music, and I have been dreaming with some tracks, so I can play with the songs and see which parts, and techniques I have to work on...
    Ohh and I still want Skype lessons, but first going to try the Dojo courses.
    Thanks, and looking forward on this transcriptions, backing tracks, and your DVD! Maybe make a combo?!
    Thanks

17. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi fabian! we'll definitely get those out there as soon as we can! thanks so much for being a fan, and for for your support of the music! i'll see you at the dojo. :)

all the best,
    adam nitti

18. Rozeg

Rozeg

Adam, this web site you're doing, combined with MusicDojo, is a dream to any fan of yours. There's no other musician in the world who gives that much to all their fans. Transcriptions? Tracks minus bass? Lessons? WOW!

19. adamnitti

adamnitti

well, thanks for the encouragement, rozeg. :) it's going to take some time to release all of that material, but in the long run i'm trying to make a lot of information available. i hope folks will enjoy it!

20. Rozeg

Rozeg

Hi Adam, any news about the dates? Folks can't wait to see your new web site! :)

21. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi rozeg!

the site is currently in the beta testing phase... i will soon have some launch date info for everyone. thanks for your patience, everybody!!! this is by far the largest and most-involved project i've ever been a part of. just when you think you have everything together, you discover some more details... :D