1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Improvisation Vol. 1 6-Week Masterclass: 5/15/12 - 6/19/12

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by adamnitti, Apr 27, 2012.

1. adamnitti

adamnitti

Hey, Nashville-area bassists-

Registration is now open for my 6 week masterclass, IMPROVISATION VOL. 1, starting on Wednesday, May 15th.

What: Bass Improvisation, Vol. 1 - A 6 week course taught by Adam Nitti

When: This class meets weekly on Wednesday nights from 7pm-8:30pm, and runs from May 15, 2012 through June 19, 2012. ***Pre-registration required to attend. See payment/registration link below.

Location: MusicDojo Nashville, 1226 Lakeview Drive, Ste. F, Franklin, TN 37067

Course Description: Bass Improvisation Vol. 1:

A first level course for bass players interested in learning how to improvise over chord progressions, and tunes. These lessons focus on the relationships between scales, chords, and key centers, and provide a foundational approach for analyzing and playing over changes, utilizing components of jazz theory and harmony blended with other styles and approaches to phrasing. Major and minor scale-derived harmonic concepts and key components are utilized and put into practice through 'hands-on' improvisational exercises. Some common and traditional chord progressions are demonstrated and exercised. Also covers elementary tune analysis and improvising through key centers. Recommended for any player interested in learning how to improvise in any style.

Topics covered include:

Basic Ear Training
    Relationships Between Scales and Chords
    Intervallic Definitions
    Modes of the Major Scale and Their Application
    Harmonization of the Major Scale
    Chord Forms and Arpeggio Forms
    Harmonic Analysis
    Improvising Over Static Chords, Key Centers, and Complete Tunes

For more information or to register online, click HERE.

Space is very limited, so be sure to register soon! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us:

MusicDojo Nashville
    musicdojo@adamnitti.com
    (615) 763-3865
  2. haddieman

haddieman

I attended this class when Adam offered it last year and I learned so much. Before I took the class I was basically a root/fifth player. I knew the major and minor scales but didn't really know how to use them. Because of the class I learned how to play in key using modes, improvise over chord changes, and use chord tones, and my understanding of music greatly increased.

I honestly don't think that I could have learned as much as I did in that amount of time without taking the class. Adam is not only an extremely skilled player but he is a gifted teacher as well. I highly recommend this class. If you are in the area and are able to attend, then what are you waiting for?