In-Ear Monitors

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BrandonA119, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BrandonA119

BrandonA119

I'm looking into getting some in-ear monitors and wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they use. Any ideas? I really don't want to spend a boat load of money either.

Thanks!

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

For recording? I'd suggest just using decent headphones for tracking, and mixing using decent monitor speakers.

3. EricssonB

EricssonB

My wife knew I was in the market for some new earbuds, so she got me the ~$100 Bose earbuds for my birthday. They're not noise cancelling, but boy are they comfortable and sound snappy good, IME/in my ears.

Can't say about then for IEM use live. I'm an office room rockstar. I use them for recording.

And a cord extender.

4. FellowBass

FellowBass Bass Player Extraordinaire. OK, just ordinaire. Supporting Member

I'm used to playing with the Shure 215s. They're...OK. For their price, about what you'd expect.

Recently played a show where the cartage loaned a pair of 425s instead. WORTH the extra money for sure. Trying to figure out a way to get ahold of a pair permanently :)

5. Register to disable this ad