1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

In honor of James Jamerson

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thatbassist863, Jan 29, 2013.

1. thatbassist863

thatbassist863

I'm just starting this thread to remember the great James Jamerson on his birthday. Also to allow any TBer the chance to share stories about Mr. Jamerson.

For me, when I started playing bass I began to learn some his bass lines and it made me appreciate his genius and innovation on the instrument that we all love. To this day I'm still learning his lines and learning things from them that I hadn't before. My appreciation for his work grows more through time.

Alright, my rant is over. How about all the TBers out there? What are you memories or the like?

2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Happy birthday James. Still my beacon of bass light....

3. SoCal1

SoCal1

So many Jamerson stories. I like the one when Jamerson mugged the mugger. Seems he got mugged walking down the street one night in Detroit. Jamerson went and got his pistol, found the mugger and got his stuff back. Then he told the mugger to give him HIS money. He got it.