In Memory of my Dad who past 12 years ago today

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rtslinger, Feb 4, 2014.

1. rtslinger

rtslinger

My Dad has been gone 12 years today seems like just yesterday I was rushing to the hospital to see him take his last breath. I wrote I poem which I read at his wake and placed in his casket to take along on his journey I would like to share that poem with you and reminded you all if your Dad is still alive give him a hug spend time with him enjoy it while you can....

Dear Father,

All these tears we shed for you / proves what one man’s love can do.

Everyone that you’ve touched in different ways / are all united here today.

A simple man with commitments strong / who’s life struggle was hard and long.

A gentle man, a loving Father, a true friend / you kept these traits till the very end.

When we were down you took us in / and protected us under your strong wing.

I say goodbye to you my Father, my Teacher, my Dearest Friend / Knowing in my heart that I will see you again.

Your Loving Son,

Robert

2. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Beautiful. I feel for your bro. My Dad's been gone for a little over two years and it still sucks. I had the great pleasure of working with my Dad almost every day of my adult life until he retired. Wasn't to long after that he passed from cancer. Love your poem.

3. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

4. rtslinger

rtslinger

Thanks people it was the hardest thing I ever wrote and nearly couldn't get through at his wake. He past after a hip replacement. thing that sucks is he survived the operation and was up and walking on Sunday with the hopes of going home on Wednesday a dirty catheter killed him by Monday! Since he was fine when I seen him Sunday afternoon it was just crazy to get a call to my office telling me I had to get there his kidneys were shutting down Monday mid morning he was gone by 1:30pm insane emotions of lose and hatred flooded my brain! He was 72 had quit smoking 20 years before and was weight lifting with dumbbells and walking every day.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Peace to you on this day.

I lost my Father my mentor and best friend just over 2 years ago..it hurts everyday. I'm getting my boat ready for the fishing season soon and its always when I'm out that I feel he is there and close. We shared allot of years together fishing and he taught me allot about the outdoors.
    It's those memories that help me deal with his loss and how fortunate I was to have a man like him in my life.

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

It is really hard when you lose anybody unexpected. My Father was doing fine at 78. He worked around the house daily and was in the woods hunting a week before a lung infection put him in the hospital a day after Christmas. This was the first time since he was born in one he ever was in a hospital as a patient.

The Doctors found a clot in his lung, gave him medication and by day two he was heading home soon feeling great.
    I got a call at 5am the next day to get there right away. The clot moved after he returned to his bed from using the restroom with an attendant helping him. He was gone 4 days after Christmas :meh:

Like your Father it was unexpected and quite a blow but we have no hand in these matters and need to rejoice we had them for the time we did.

8. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

Dude, you are a good son.

My dad's been gone for over three years. I finally sold his little john boat a couple of months ago. I couldn't watch it roll down the driveway.

I still have his dog, though. She's my connection to him.

9. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Lost my father 20 years ago this March.