1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

In my local want ads this morning

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ejmy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ejmy

ejmy

Can't be any clearer, specialy the last part, lol :

I like to play really fast.. Tense drum and bass implied Latin and bop drumming. I want this project to pay really close attention to dynamical structure and subtle texture variation. I really don't wan a band that exploits one singular idea but has concept songs that are fragile and somewhat free during live shows. I have some Terry Bozzio Osstinato polyrhythms exploiting melodic tom melodies, allot of Latin implied over-riding odd timed patterns that sound more familiar and poppy curved out. I don't want a marathon math band or a twinkle project. what I aim for is the Hella and zach Hill crew meeting Mark Isham and David Torn ECM crew. Some funk and Japanese hype licks and riffs, within elongated musical bars. I enjoy technique collision and slicing full of mini riffs into a larger entity and layering soundscapes underneath it. Indie-Jazz, Emo-math, fluid rock, concept-pop... I have gear,amps..ect and recording capability as well.

2. MrYellow

MrYellow

Looks like he's just used words in places for the sake of it, I try to use good terminology, but I have NO idea what he means by 'technique collision and slicing full of mini riffs'

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

It sounds like the guy wants to cram everything he likes into a single project, lacking any vision of the final result.

4. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

I'm sure the replies are just flooding in.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ejmy

ejmy

Yep, I suggested that beside drumming, he should seriously think about writing comedy.

7. pfox14

pfox14

"dynamical" that's my favorite adjective of all time.

8. thunderbird66

thunderbird66

I just added the word "dynamical" to my everyday vocabulary. Pretty fantabulistic I think.

9. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

I feel like every other week someone posts a "LOL LOOK AT THIS CRAIGSLIST" and every time I find the content to be coherent, genuine, and interesting.

I had no problem whatsoever envisioning the project he was describing, and personally I would love to be a part of it.

10. fmoore200

fmoore200

I do like his enthusiasm. Not everything has to be a business proposition. This may just be an exciting creative situation.

11. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke Supporting Member

Me fail inglesh? Thats unpossible!

12. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington

I had no problem envisioning it as well. This ad is a far cry from what the usual is in my area. Here's the latest CL for a bassist -

Looking for bass player. mostly 90's covers with a few classic rock additions.

....that's it. No contact information or who they are. That's the entire ad. I went through the CL meat grinder for a few years, burning myself out on audition after audition to ads like this. One thing I've learned is that people that post ads like this don't wish to be contacted and asked questions like "could you tell me more about who you are are" or "do you currently have any gigs lined up" or "do you know anything at all".

13. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

+1
    I'd like to meet this person.

14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

What their saying is be ready to play fast and bring meth.

15. fmoore200

fmoore200

I can bring the meth or play fast.. Not both

16. Richland123

Richland123

Gee, I wonder if he would like to form an Emo-math polka band.

Too bad he is not interested in my new twinkle project.

What in the world are Emo-math or twinkle project?

17. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

"Play really fast... Somewhat free... Polyrhythms exploiting tom melodies... Overriding odd-timed patterns... Elongated musical bars... A technique collision and slicing full of mini riffs." What I read is he/she just can't keep time.

18. Gundecker

Gundecker

I read "collision" as "collusion" and it all made sense! Try it.

I'm guessing my 1 4 5 skilz wouldn't cut it in his vision/project. ?! Maybe?

19. inthevelvet

inthevelvet Supporting Member

He had me at "Emo-math"....

20. Bullitt5135

Bullitt5135

What's the best bass for Indie-Jazz, Emo-math, fluid rock, concept-pop with really fast tense drum and bass implied Latin op concept songs that are fragile and somewhat free with Terry Bozzio Osstinato polyrhythms exploiting melodic tom melodies over-riding odd timed patterns that sound more familiar and poppy curved out like the Hella and zach Hill crew meeting Mark Isham and David Torn ECM crew with funk and Japanese hype licks and riffs within elongated musical bars and technique collision and slicing full of mini riffs into a larger entity and layering soundscapes underneath it?

21. RandomBox

RandomBox

Probably an obsure bass with 19 strings and 4 pickups, each a different type and style so they can blend into all styles and sounds in a collision of sound and tone, and it can only be used for emo-math or indie jazz, and to obtain said bass, you have to prove your worth by climbing a mountain and playing a latin inspired fluid rock song that has impossible timing.