1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

InCase gigbag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Joebone, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

This is a weird one. It's an Incase gig bag, never used.

I bought it on a whim, based on the great rep for Incase bags.

For pictures, see: http://gallery.me.com/joebone1

Note that the Fender P/J is NOT part of the package!

This is a full-featured bag - all of the protective mojo for which Incase bags are prized (dig the rubber feet that surround the endpin, the neck support inside, and the semi-rigid interior walls, that you can't see in the pix). It also includes a detachable backpack, and a great strap system.

So what's the problem? The bag is snug. I'm not sure it would fit a J bass, and my 5-strings challenge it. See the pictures, and you'll see what I mean.

That said, those of you with smaller-format axes (modern G&L; EBMM; scale less than 34") could not do better than what this bag has to offer. It's not working for me, but it may well work like a dream for you!

Yours for $70, plus shipping.
  2. Bollenator

Bollenator

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Any chance you could take measurements of your P/J to give us an idea of what the usable dimensions of the bag are?
  3. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

I have the same bag. I have used it for years with both 4 and 5 string J basses. I agree that the fit is snug, but the bag works very well for these basses. At least for me. YMMV. A free bump for a great bag!
  4. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Local cat sending you a PM
  5. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

6. kevbassman

kevbassman

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

7. Joebone

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

On hold for local deal...
  8. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0

I'll take that bass off your hands so you can buy something that fits the case! Beautiful. :D
  9. Joebone

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Thanks. That P/J is my last 4-string as I now almost always play fivers. It is a Fender CS with 22-fret ebony board - looks to be from early '90's, when Phil Kubicki was involved with Fender. It has some dings and scratches, but it also sounds divine, as I replaced the EMGs (???) with Nordstrands and the J pickup is like in a '70's position.
  10. Joebone

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Gig bag sold - thanks, all!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.