1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Industrial Strength Industries?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bigbajo60, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bigbajo60

bigbajo60 Supporting Member

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Sounds like they invented new marketting BS for people who read some second hand technical info on forums and think they known what to look for.
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm extremely skeptical, but curious anyway.
  4. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

OT, ive never seen a Spector with stringers in the neck like that
  5. demon666

demon666

Meh. More overpriced tiny cabs. Just what we need.
  6. f64

f64

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

XBL^2 driver motors have been around for a quite a while. Invented at the now defunct Adire Audio. They never did a pro audio driver. I don't think these motors were suitable due to cooling needs.

Sounds like these guys are just goofing by putting one voice coil in AlNiCo and another in Neodymium magnet gaps. Corny and terrible marketing BS as pointed out by Mr. Foxen
  8. Russell L

Russell L

I think the title is from the School of Redundancy School.
  9. bigbajo60

bigbajo60 Supporting Member

:D
  10. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Home stereo speakers shoved in ugly boxes.

that sell for 600 to 800 dollars............uhhhhh yah

Their is 85dB or less speakers with amazing xmax for home stereo in the 14 to 30mm range. Does not mean they work for bass unless you need a 800 dollar practice amp that needs 10 times the amount of power to hardly get to low powered pro audio levels.

Lets make a bass cab and use grandmas old screen door for a grill, and then go to Namm and get rich.....yah!!!!:scowl:
  11. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The good news is they have SPL charts. The bad news is that they reveal that these are loaded with hi-fi subwoofer drivers that have 10dB less sensitivity than musical instrument drivers. That means what they'll do with 1,000 watts a musical instrument driver will do with 100.
  12. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Their marketing department's gonna love hearing that.

:crying:
  13. Sartori

Sartori

That's really kinda pathetic.
  14. Russell L

Russell L

I think it's a sham, I think.
  15. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Would that be handy if you wanted to do the really cranked valve amp thing not very loudly, and have a sensible impedance load? Assuming the whole attenuator being an upsetting load is actually the case.
  16. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Not at all. Only half of what you get from a cranked tube amp is amp sourced. The other half is speaker sourced, and with these you wouldn't be able to get any speaker sourced crunch.
  17. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    As in speaker breakup? I mostly mean I'm loving the sound of my cranked sound City into my Bareface, but it is face meltingly loud, and pretty sure not breaking up the speakers.
  18. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

Guys, this all started with me, so may I please chime in? I am not in any way, shape or form affiliated with this ISI company...... I never even heard of them until recently too, just like you. I used to be a skeptic of everything, and "my everything" goes back to my first pro gig in 1969, were you born then? If not you really missed a cool time!!

I'm not an audiologist, audio engineer, recording engineer, sound-man, I'm just an old bassplayer who first performed live in 1968...... and sounded good. I have a decent feel for what sounds good, based on 40+ years of chasing that sound. No, I will NEVER hear whats in my head, I know that!

The "engineering sonic science" may not be what we are used to with this line. In fact, IT MAY BE CRAP? I don't know. Here are a few examples of "crap designs" of my time in the pit:

The Ampeg 8X10 Bass Cabinet
    Every Fender Bass Amp Offering, (I LOVE the blackface Showman)
    The Acoustic 360/361
    The Guild/Hartke Aluminum 2X10 &4X10 Cabs
    The Sunn 2000S Series
    My Musicman 65/2X115 Stack, owned since 1975.
    The Euphonic Audio Cabs, still what most measure by,the VL-208 and I use two.
    Neo Speakers.

My point is (finally), let's give these folks the opportunity to fail or succeed sonically before we condemn them. In my 40+ years of playing bass (and getting paid for it!) I've learned that EVERYTHING is up to the listener. Respects to all, KWS
  19. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

Guys, this all started with me, so may I please chime in? I am not in any way, shape or form affiliated with this ISI company...... I never even heard of them until recently too, just like you. I used to be a skeptic of everything, and "my everything" goes back to my first pro gig in 1969, were you born then? If not you really missed a cool time!!

I'm not an audiologist, audio engineer, recording engineer, sound-man, I'm just an old bassplayer who first performed live in 1968...... and sounded good. I have a decent feel for what sounds good, based on 40+ years of chasing that sound. No, I will NEVER hear whats in my head, I know that!

The "engineering sonic science" may not be what we are used to with this line. In fact, IT MAY BE CRAP? I don't know. Here are a few examples of "crap designs" of my time in the pit:

The Ampeg 8X10 Bass Cabinet
    The Acoustic 360/361
    The Guild/Hartke Aluminum 2X10 &4X10 Cabs
    The Sunn 2000S Series
    The Euphonic Audio Cabs, still what most measure by the VL-208, I use two.
    Neo Speakers.

My point is (finally), let's give these folks the opportunity to fail or succeed sonically before we condemn them. In my 40+ years of playing bass (and getting paid for it!) I've learned that EVERYTHING is up to the listener. Respects to all, KWS
  20. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice

Disclosures:
    Their entire website is devoted to the supposed engineering superiority of their cabs. Those of us who are engineers see right through those claims.
    If you're not interested in the expert opinions of those who are don't ask the question to begin with.