1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Info on fretless bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevin1954, Dec 22, 2013.

1. kevin1954

kevin1954

Hi all first post has anyone played a Rondo SX ursa 3 fretless bass. I have read that the sx ursa basses are good for the price. Any help would be great Thank you Kevin;)
  2. ncapone

ncapone

I've heard they're good when you get a good one, as quality can be hit or miss. Save up some more and you can probably find a better fretless for our money.
  3. spaz21387

spaz21387

sx basses are good. The necks are alittle chunky. It will need new strings and a setup so if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself expect to spend 40-60$ on a setup and new strings. But after getting it setup sx's are solid basses. I have owned 2 of their j basses.
  4. FlaCharlie

FlaCharlie

I recently bought an SX Ursa 2 (jazz) fretless and I'm liking it a lot. Had to add some copper shielding to quiet it down and I'm using LaBella "white" tapewounds. I lowered the action some but still need to do a proper setup on it. I'm no pro but I think it sounds really good. I'm still getting used to having two pickups. My other recent purchase was a Squire fretless Precision. The SX was about half the price of the Squire, with shipping. Probably the best deal out there for the money.

. . . Charlie