Info on fretless bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kevin1954, Dec 22, 2013.

1. kevin1954

kevin1954

Hi all first post has anyone played a Rondo SX ursa 3 fretless bass. I have read that the sx ursa basses are good for the price. Any help would be great Thank you Kevin;)

2. ncapone

ncapone

I've heard they're good when you get a good one, as quality can be hit or miss. Save up some more and you can probably find a better fretless for our money.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

sx basses are good. The necks are alittle chunky. It will need new strings and a setup so if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself expect to spend 40-60$ on a setup and new strings. But after getting it setup sx's are solid basses. I have owned 2 of their j basses.

4. FlaCharlie

FlaCharlie

I recently bought an SX Ursa 2 (jazz) fretless and I'm liking it a lot. Had to add some copper shielding to quiet it down and I'm using LaBella "white" tapewounds. I lowered the action some but still need to do a proper setup on it. I'm no pro but I think it sounds really good. I'm still getting used to having two pickups. My other recent purchase was a Squire fretless Precision. The SX was about half the price of the Squire, with shipping. Probably the best deal out there for the money.

. . . Charlie

5. Register to disable this ad