1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

injury and correct posture.

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson' started by thelosbastardos, Aug 26, 2011.

1. thelosbastardos

thelosbastardos

Todd I met u in the late 90's and got some great hand techniques from you. I was a guitar then and added bass about 4 years ago....don't shoot me! Im having serious pains in my right forearm. I do warm up, stretch, and I never had this pain playing guitar. I use to play with my wrist more straight and elbow sticking out (almost a 90 degree)....to keep muscles and blood flow straight. I tried recently to play with my wrist bent over more....something I see more commonly used. Lowering my bass does get my arm straight, but not comfortable playing higher frets that way. Any ideas/insight?
  2. brad houser

brad houser

Gary Willis is an expert on posture, his videos on YouTube are excellent, really helped me a lot.
  3. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Check out my "floating thumb" video on YouTube....

That should answer your question....let mr know if you need more help.

Feel better!!!