1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Inlay Stickers Decals for Fretboards

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Moofknock, Mar 28, 2011.

?

Would you put inlay stickers

1. Sure thing!

103 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. No Way!

138 vote(s)
    43.0%
  3. Maybe if I see more photos

80 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. Moofknock

Moofknock

Moofknock here!

Hey guys and gals, have any of you ever ordered something like this?

Inlay Stickers Decals For Guitar,Bass. Fret Markers,Signature Type.

I already ordered the Tree of Life Black Pearl fretboard sticker and I will be posting before and after pics, but I was wondering if someone here already has used any and what they think about it.

BTW, Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place :(
  2. ErikW

ErikW

I would be afraid that the fretboard would not hang on to them. Especially on an older bass with all of the oils and sweat from your shin, string cleaners, waxes, etc. I would think it would be hard to get it clean enough. But they look neat.
  3. gus1894

gus1894 Supporting Member

I had a set of similar that I bought of ebay, they were cool enough foir my Squier. They stayed on the FB well, didn't look too bad - I found the most trouble was getting them on straight. LOL. (Mine were blocks). Sorry, I don't have photos of mine for ya.

Not bad though, they are what they are.

Most important thing, IMO - they came off easily enough w/o leaving any damage to the board.
  4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

My preference is a fingerboard of beautiful wood not obscured by inlays, dots or stickers. I guess that's a No Way vote :)
  5. Low Sound Love

Low Sound Love

I've always wanted block inlays on my rosewood fingerboard ... I'm waiting to see some pictures :)
  6. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres some block stickers on my MIM.They were on there before I owned it.
    I have to admit I almost didn't get it, just because of the stickers..but then I figured,
    A.) Its a MIM..
    and 2, If they were that bad, I cld remove them.

and honestly, you can't tell..unless you're looking for it.Even my other bandmates were thinking it was much older, just based on the blocks...and they were right in front of it.(for whatever thats worth;) )
  7. gus1894

Nice bass!
    Looks cool to me! And there you have it - if they are applied straight (and level and all that) they can look cool!
  8. namraj

namraj

I wouldn't touch my warwick with them however I find it iritating that my uke doesn't have fret markers so I might be interested in them for that, so I'm unsure whether to go sure thing or no chance, as I am in both minds depending on the instrument.
  9. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I bought some Hello Kitty stickers for my new MTD...

(not kidding)

**((its a MTD535))**

I may or may not put them on though... ;)
  10. Low Sound Love

Low Sound Love

That does it for me, I'm ordering block inlays right now!
  11. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

+1. Love the look!

Where did you get the stickers, Bassdirty?
  12. Oopsdabassist

Oopsdabassist

Got some for my maple board MIM Jazz, I think they look good.
  13. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

I wouldn't put them on myself for that very reason; I fail at arts & crafts and I know I'd never get them on straight. But if I could get someone to put them on straight, sure, why not? It's cheap, it might look cool, and if you don't like it you can always take them off.
  14. gus1894

Yea, but somehow, I couldn't see the logic in using them on a Warwick - not knocking the stickers OR the 'Wick - I've had both! JMO
  15. Infrasonik B.

Infrasonik B.

Waiting for Denny to post pics of his inlayed beauties!

I've been close to buying a few of his basses and couldn't wait to get a few sets of his stickers to try.

Hmm, maybe if he reads this he'll send me some anyway :hyper:

Bottom line - Maple, Bound & Block (wether real or stickers) = The SOUND for bass lol
  16. laklandplayer

laklandplayer

I ordered some of these (dots) for a bass that I use frequently that has no inlays.
    When I am working in a dark environment, like in a show pit situation, they come in handy so you can glance down and see the neck. When switching basses with different scale lengths and construction, I'm not always where I think I am on the neck just by feel when I'm reading. Not so much for glitz but they are useful for reference purposes.
    I can see where these would be useful for someone starting out on upright as side dots.
  17. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

I think its kinda cheesy but if you like it, go for it. You can always take em off later.
  18. ulrich

ulrich

I put some on my uke. Looks much better than the worn paper stickers, that a previous owner put on. I used simple dots. I'm not feeling the skulls, pineapples, etc.
  19. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

They were on the bass when I got it.

as a matter of fact, I think that might be the guy [Denny] I got it from.
    Good Guy. ;)

20. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Pretty cool idea, I like'em. I think it could help when showing a guitard player a riff. I find people stare blankly at my 5 string unmarked fret board, then I end up showing them something over and over, but if I had these on it would be easier to share riffs while jamming.... just my 2 cents