1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Input jack - Cliff / G-K / Egnater content

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Black Sheep, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Supporting Member

I am repairing an input jack for a guitar-friend's Egnater amp head. All I need really is the nut, which is a male thread insert for a Cliff type six pin jack.
    So he ordered a part from amprepairparts, and it came fitted with coarse threads as opposed to fine as the Eg has, so that won't work.
    I looked at my G-K MB200 head and borrowed the jack nut from it, which is fine thread and fits perfectly. If I can't find a clue as to exact replacement parts (Egnater was no help, not sure about GK yet), I will probably try another parts house, but that will be another blind try. Allparts has a Cliff jack that looks from the outside more like the jack in the Eg, so that may be a clue, but there's no way to tell if it's fine or coarse thread. For $5 I'll probably have to try it.
    Anyone have a source suggestion for this, or a supplier that might actually know what they have?