1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Input Signal To Navigator Pre ?????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DumpsterDave, Mar 17, 2014.

1. DumpsterDave

DumpsterDave

I use a Navigator Pre and run two different basses into it... A passive MIM P-Bass loaded with an SD Quarter Pounder and an active Marco TFL 5 loaded with and Audere Classic Pre and Marco's custom wound PUs.

Let me preface this by saying I run the EQ flat accross the board at "normal gain" and I bypass the compressor and the enhance feature.

My issue....
    When I use the rig with the P-Bass, it's smoot sailing. Gain LED starts to blip around 1 o'clock and if I keep the Master level between 12 and 1 it keeps the output level, indicated by the LED Meters, right were it needs to be. Sounds great. However, when I plug in my Marco, it's like my input signal is gone. I can't even get the Gain LED to register and with the Master turned all the way up I'm hitting at most -20 dB on the output indicator LEDS.

I do realize that these are two completely different basses and I would expect some difference in signal level, but this seems way to drastics.

Thanks for your input!

-Dave

UPDATE!

I've done some troubleshooting and the results make me look/feel like a dumb dumb. I came home from work and immediately set up my rig. I last played it Saturday night at a wedding reception, using the Marco and just dealt with the issue.

The P bass is giving the same results as the Marco ( I told you I would look like a dumb dumb). All I can deduce is that something happened in the time between/before this wedding reception on Saturday when I used the Marco, and the gig before that when I used the P-Bass. There were no issues at the "P-Bass Gig" which is why I initially believed it had something to do with the Marco, but alas I can now confirm it is an issue with the Nav.

What is the consensus now? Bad Tube? Worse?

Again, thank you all for your thoughs/input.

-Dave