1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Inquiring minds need to know

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by anyhue, Mar 12, 2014.

1. anyhue

anyhue

Though I have played on a lot of amp setups and pedals there are quite a few questions I still have before I drop them $$$s

Sound
    I have been playing a hand-me-down Hartke for years and it has with stood over 12 years of abuse. I have an opportunity to get an all Orange stack for a good price 4x10, 1x15 and 500W head. I keep debating Ampeg, GK, Hartke and Orange. I play a spectrum of sound so I need a setup that will give me full range at a high quality. I know everyone says to just pick what I like but I haven't spent n extended amount of time getting to play each setup. From experience can you suggest why you would pick one of the four?

I have done a lot of research on effects and I want to upgrade my pedal board. Like most I want the most amount of variety without taking up a large amount of space. I would love to add the GK-3B to my 6 string as a cheap alternative to utilizing midi. I am curious of how to make my bass guitar sound like the synthesized midi bass in this song below?

I am open to any suggestions but the main effects I am looking for are:

Reverb
    Reverse
    Delay
    Distortion/Fuzz
    Tremelo
    Harmony/Octaver
    And a unique pedal just for creative noise making.

Over the years I have acquired ME25, RC30, DD-3, OC-3, pS-6, OD-1, Digidelay and Digi Synth/Wah.