Inquiry about Gotthardt BST 3/4

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by burns_isaac, Nov 22, 2013.

1. burns_isaac

burns_isaac

Do any of you know about this bass: Gotthardt BST by Stravari Orchestral Instruments, Global Music Products, LLC out of Colorado?

2. burns_isaac

burns_isaac

I've heard great things about their violins but can't find anything about their basses.

3. Fat bob

Fat bob

Iam also curious about these basses, I can't find anything about them. Any info would be much appreciated.

4. burns_isaac

burns_isaac

I played one finally. Made in Czech Republic, ebony fingerboard and tailpiece, decent tuners, decent adjustable bridge, good sustain but at a MSRP of $4995 there are way better brand new basses out there. It's a hybrid I think, couldn't really tell.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. burns_isaac

burns_isaac

And....Im not certain but I think it has an Eb neck. Don't hold me to this because Im totally new to the DB world but it seemed that when I was checking the D on the G string to the open D, my thumb was maybe an inch or more from the heel but then again Im totally new to this so please don't hold me to it.

7. Fat bob

Fat bob

The model I played was the BIT, all solid wood. The tone was dark, it intruiged me. I thought for the price it was a good value, but I can't seem to find any other info. Maybe anyone else here on TB can offer some insight?

8. burns_isaac

burns_isaac

I played the BST. I bet the carved sounds great. I called Gollihur, left a message and Mark called me back and said he's never heard of them. I also spoke with a luthier around here who also said he'd never heard of them. I shot an email over to Stravari yesterday to get some info but haven't heard back yet. I'll post when I do.

9. Fat bob

Fat bob

It's not a good sign when hundreds of players have seen this post, and no one responded :) Other than their website (stravari.com) there isn't a lick of info on the web about these. I saw the fully carved model for sale for 3500. I have been playing upright for almost one yr, I was so stoked to go into the big city and try some basses. When I picked this one up it was so different from the others there, so dark. Any shared first hand experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you