Insert Points for modular pedalboards?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by newbold, Nov 18, 2013.

1. newbold

newbold

Does anyone know of makers of or designs for TRS or send/return style insert point boxes?

I've been thinking about my pedalboard setup in that it would be great to have a smaller footprint for most of my playing but also to be able to bring a second board and just hook into my first without having to rearrange anything.

I think that I'd be able to more than get by with either one of 2 boards:

Board one:
    Korg Pitchblack
    Pigtronix OFO Disnortion
    (insert)
    Pigtronix Envelope Phaser
    Eden WTDI

(insert) Board two:
    Boss OC-2
    EHX Bassballs
    DOD Milkbox Compressor

And while I do like to run my OC-2 before my dirt, it'd be great to be able to have a 'less is more' approach from time to time.

Blending a textured grit with an octave down is certainly a lot different than gritting up an octave so I don't really think I'd be missing out on too much with this approach.

So if you know of anyone that's making insert points or has a decent schematic or kit for one I'd like to know.
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

There are a few custom makers. They tend to be backed up, probably because it's duller than painting fences to solder jacks so not many offer it. Diy ftw.

Fwiw, a couple of longer patch leads gets you into the loop by unplugging one pedal, all of 20 seconds if you're leaving the gap for the insert box you don't need.