1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Installing N3 Noiseless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by topscratch, Dec 7, 2013.

1. topscratch

topscratch

I'm going to try the N3, however, they don't quite fit. the p/u's are just a little large. Trimming the pick-up covers would seem to do the trick, and I like this idea over routing the holes. Does anyone have any thoughts? I have a 1986-87 Jazz bass. Buzz has always been an issue, and these days it seems that folks don't want me to use it to record. This stinks because I love the thing and feel very comfortable with it. I have tried different pick-up combinations, but end up with noise. It's all the usual single coil stuff, however, I seem a bit noisier than most. [​IMG]