Instrument Tuner doubles as Radio Tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DrewMcDrew, Feb 17, 2014.

1. DrewMcDrew

DrewMcDrew

Hi all,

If there is a better section for this just let me know.

I just added a Sabine RT-7100 to my rack. I love how bright, accurate, and quick it is, BUT it is picking up AM radio. Granted it spends most of its time within a few blocks of an NPR station, but if I run it before my preamp it is playing soft jazz and static. In the meantime it is the last step in the signal chain, but I'd like to move it back to the front. I find that it more drastically affects the tone of my bass when it is after the pre.

Any thoughts to better isolate the tuner and the signal inside?
  2. pflash4001

pflash4001

Are your cables all shielded?
  3. DrewMcDrew

DrewMcDrew

Everything is shielded. Right now there is a close 60 feet in cable total, though I didn't get around to making anything shorter yet.
  4. pflash4001

pflash4001

Is it doing it with no instrument cable connected? Just the rack setup? It still sounds to me like a shielding issue.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DrewMcDrew

DrewMcDrew

Yes, even with a muted output from the tuner, but only if the tuner is in the chain before the pre.

I should mention probably mention the rest of my setup. The per is an ART pro channel, for a few effects I essentially turn everything in the gain stage to '11', nothing is really noticeable until about a 12-15 dB gain which is what makes me think it is the tuner itself.