1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Interchangable neck?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mrmouldybread, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Mrmouldybread

Mrmouldybread

Hi All,

I have tried searching but not came up with much and I was unsure which forum to put this in. However my question is this. If I had a fretted Neck and a Fretless Neck, would I be able to interchange them on the same body? Any input is appreciated.

MrMouldyBread
  2. Steveaux

Steveaux

3. Red_Merkin

Red_Merkin

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Agreed. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's a good idea. Get separate basses.
  5. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Yes, you would.

You could also have a city and a highway engine for your car.
  6. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Too much time and effort to change the necks around. I would just shell out the $60 for a used affinity P or J on CL and put the fretless neck on it, or defret the stock neck.