1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Interested in a new setup....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JDLowEnd, Feb 25, 2014.

1. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

So here's the deal; I currently have an ampeg pf-500 and a pf-115he cab that stays at my place, so I guess my practice amp. At our drummers place I use his fender rumble 100, no qualms with that combo, does what I need it to with everything set flat. There is also a peavey 2x15 4ohm cab at his place as well. Now I have the ampeg flip top set up so the head is attached, great for easy storage and my place is small so I can tuck it into a closet (g/f didn't like the amp and basses in front of the fireplace deal so I kinda lost). I was thinking of getting a micro vr setup instead of the pf. I never turn my pf past 10 o'clock, so it's never cranked. I was thinking get the vr setup to replace my pf, then be able to take the vr head and bring it to practice, utilizing the 2x15 cab. I know the pf is more power but it just sits attached to the cab. I guess my question really relates to the sound of the vr in comparison with the pf. I set the pf pretty flat, gain around 1 o'clock, no compression, and I use the low boost button. My other question is have people used the vr with larger cabs and how does it hold up, volume wise? Thank you!

2. Flatbass

Flatbass

Why not unscrew the PF-500 from the cab?