1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Interested in Genz Benz 6.2 Shuttle with 2X10 cab.. Good combo?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlamminMike, Jan 30, 2014.

1. SlamminMike

SlamminMike

Hi all :)
    I'm new to the forum so go easy on me and accept my apologies if this is an oft discussed topic... To get a few details out of the way, I'm a pro bass player (over 30 years), mostly Blues music, but also Rock, Country etc..whatever the phone rings for basically... I play a Musicman Stingray HH among a few other basses and have been using an Ampeg Studio Pro 3 thru an SWR Triad cabinet for years and have liked the amp. Last weekend however, I played a short gig with my band and in the backline there was a Genz Benz 200 watt (i think) combo (single 12" GB cab) that knocked my socks off tonally and I've been looking into them ever since. I'm pretty much settled on the 6.2 Shuttle and have an opportunity to buy one with a GB 2X10 cab... Just looking to see what people think of this combination... I play everything from small pub gigs to big theatre stages with great front ends... Thoughts anyone? My main axe is the Musicman these days by the way.... Thanks in advance!

2. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

For starters, you needed to post this in the Amps forum.

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

A great choice I have nothing bad to say about GB gear.