1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Intermittent 60 cycle hum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TwentyHz, Feb 8, 2013.

1. TwentyHz

TwentyHz

*Added this: Last few weeks I've had the hum.*

Sigh . Read everything on TB I could find. Conducted a test tonight, just my gear turned on in our space and it was beautifully silent. Wiggled and moved and changed directions and could not reproduce. Turned on every electrical thing in the barn. Guitarist's tube Marshall hums but not my LH1000.

What am I to conclude? Other use of electric from nearby houses affects my juice?
  2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

Sounds like his amp isn't grounded.
  3. TwentyHz

TwentyHz

Sorry - I left out the important part! (I'm a dolt). Last few weeks my amp has also had the 60 hz hum, which led today's test.