1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

INTEX cables (customizable shell!)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AlbertoRigoni, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amps, HipShot, ErnieBall
    Hello there!
    I'm always looking for new gear (every time I get new stuff my creativity is improved :bassist:) and surfing on the web I found these cables (see attached pic and producer website: http://www.intexcables.com. Intex cables are handmade, they feature high quality materials, lifetime warranty and well... (GAS MODE ON) the shell is customizable (you can put names up to 16 characters) !!! I also like their design! I asked them to send me one for a test. I'll keep you updated!
    Ciao from Italia!

Alberto

[​IMG]
  2. johnson79

johnson79

They look like great quality cables.
  3. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Meh........

:p
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

They look really nice keep us updated and I like the flex spring underneath the connections.
  5. cnltb

cnltb

Hand 'Made' or assembled by hand?
  6. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni

Disclosures:
    ops sorry.. I guess assembled by hand :) bad english...
  7. Mehve

Mehve

I can appreciate that their sales pitch is about quality and durability, as opposed to supposed tone benefits. Even their pricing scheme is reasonable- high buy-in, but longer cables don't change the price by much.
  8. 3506string

3506string

10" instrument cable $79 :eek:
  9. OneWayPunk

OneWayPunk

if you look close, they are using Belden 8412 cable, which is twisted pair microphone cable. Not the best cable for Instrument cable. Also not very special or expensive. Your basically paying top dollar for some fancy cable ends, and basic $1 per foot microphone cable.
    I would not buy these, I would build me own with Canare GS-6 cable and Neutrick ends for less than $1 per foot.
    Those cable ends look crappy as well.
  10. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni

Disclosures:
    Here we go! the cable is ready and has been shipped! As soon as I get it I'll test it and let you know my opinion. Btw the look is very cool

[​IMG]
  11. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Why is this NOT good cable for guitar? Is it because the signal from a guitar is sgtronger? Is it because stepping/standing on them causes more damage? Do you think it will pick up too much noise? The only one of these that's valid has to do with stepping on it and even coaxial instrument cable can be damaged by this.
  12. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

from the instrument to the amp, cable shielding is very important. from the amps output no shielding is required.
    most instrument cables use a single conductor cable with 95%-98% copper shielding these cables are two conductor with only 85% shielding.

i have a separate thread going about cables and have been researching it myself
  13. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

The finish of the connectors does not impress me. Threaded? :D
  14. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Twisted pair with foil or braided shield is as good or better than coaxial cable and it has the added benefit of being able to cancel common-mode noise. Plus, if the instrument has higher than normal output, the noise will be less audible.
  15. AlbertoRigoni

AlbertoRigoni

Disclosures:
    hello guys, I've received and tested the INTEX cable comparing it with two other very good cables (as well as expensive!). I've recorded three samples directly into my RME card. You can download them here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vk8uvxdxnbjicdq
    Intex is C

I'm not sure if you'll be able to hear the difference, it depends by the quality of the monitors/headphones you're using.

In my opinion, Intex cable sounds very very clean, NO noise, deep and clear sound. Definitely I would say it's
    clean and solid!

Regarding the construction it appears HEAVY-DUTY and that's important. I think they will last a lot.
    So at the end I would say... test passed! Worth to have them, also because you can get custom shells!!
    Cheers

Alberto
  16. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Congrats on finding a cable you like and thanks for the info but I'll stick to my Mogami and Monster Rock cables I break one I get one free regardless if it was my fault or not.