1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Intonation

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dadday07, Jan 20, 2014.

1. dadday07

dadday07

I am new to this forum so please excuse. I have a Schecter Omen 5 that I just bought a couple of months ago. I need to get my intonation and all of that set and I want to do it myself. I have a friend that can do it but I would really like to learn how and do it myself. Does anyone have any tips or pointers?
  2. tonym

tonym

Yes, and there's lots of bad guides and advice on the internet too. Which is why a guy would come to a bass specific site and ask for advice...

dadday07, there's a great free pdf book by Jerzy Drozd that's very detailed and will walk you through it. It's what I used to learn, and it's frequently recommended on TB. You can find it here.

It's not hard, just take your time and be patient.
  3. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

:eek:

And... there is lots of bad information on this site, as well.

Tweak with caution.
  4. dadday07

dadday07

Thanks to both. I looked on Goole and YouTube and found some helpful information, and some bad information. I've been playing for nearly 20 years now so I have a pretty good idea as to what needs to be done, but have never done it myself.
  5. dadday07

dadday07

I'm also looking to get another Bass Wah pedal, any suggestions? I had a Crybaby Bass Wah about 10 years ago but I'm looking at the Morley PBA-2 Dual Bass Wah, with 2 types of Wah modes. Traditional and Funk. Thoughts......
  6. dadday07

dadday07

tonym, I downloaded the PDF version of that guide. I haven't read it yet but I plan on it in the next day or so. I will let you know what I think of it. Thanks again.
  7. GregBEL

GregBEL

Also, see the sticky thread in this sub, there's some good and helpfull links to found in there.

such as:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te44eWXd9pc

For some visual aid.

Basically, John Carruthers and the Fender manual showed me how to properly set up my bass and I now have both a Fender & a Warwick (just to show it's not brand-specific) set up exactly to my needs....

Take some time for it, you'll like it :)
  8. dadday07

dadday07

Thanks, I'll check it out.