Intro Music

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by SWRnut, Feb 27, 2014.

1. SWRnut

SWRnut Gold Supporting Member

This may seem a little corny or over the top, but I would like to use some type of intro music before our band actually starts playing.
    I feel that it would set us up better and give a more professional start of the show rather than turn the lights on and wait for someone to kill the house music.
    Anyone have any suggestions of songs to use ? Also, do you have different intros if playing more than one set.
    Thanks for any input.
  2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Back in the '70's Yes used the Firebird Suite as intro music. It became a integral part of their show for years.

What type of music do you play? Originals? Intro music can set up your originals nicely if you select something suitable to the vibe of your stuff. Intro music for a cover band - not so much.

I'd only do it if your band plays original music
  3. SWRnut

SWRnut Gold Supporting Member

We are a cover band, but have invested a lot of money into a better lighting setup and really good gear.
    I want to set us apart from the competition and felt that this could be a classy way for us to start.
  4. BayStateBass

BayStateBass

We do it. And we do a very cheesy job with it, but it kinda fits our persona. We use the intro to "The Final Countdown" (instrumental part only) and there's a voice over from the guitarist recorded on there (although his voice is altered) announcing our band and thanking everyone for coming out to "Club X". The whole thing lasts about one minute, maybe a little less, and in that time we get ready to go. When it ends we immediately hit our first song.

Not really sure if it goes over or not, honestly. But yeah, we do that. We've never gotten a bad reaction with it, but then again we've never gotten a good one either.