1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Hellspawn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Hey guys, I'm a new forum user, just registered yesterday. My name is Federico, I'm 34 years old and I'm from Argentina. I play the bass since.. well, technically, last year.

I started playing the guitar many years ago but I never got anywhere. When I was a teenager I started singing and that was sustantially better than my guitar playing (I even got a record out with a band), but that ended when the band split up. After that I started my current course of studies (I'm studying to become a translator) and last year my brother gave me a bass guitar as a gift. All this time I have been playing some songs and watching some youtube vids for technique aid, but I couldn't really put myself to the task of actually improving. Although my timetable is still quite busy, I'd like to revert that, so here I am.

My aim with the bass guitar is to be able to put a song in the computer and play along with the bass guitar. No band, no big project, at least for now. As I said, I don't have the time for that. That also means that I don't have time for lessons, but I can take some time at night to practice a bit. Do you think I can improve if I do this on my own?

Thanks a lot for having this forum. I've been looking a bit and I can see it's a huge source of information.
    :)

2. ivm1990

ivm1990

Federico, hi. My name is Igor. I am Russian who lives for 24 years in USA. I am 57. Start to play bass in the band when I was 13. Did not play for last 30 years. Now start playing in the Church. Because of 30 years not playing, I have to start almost from the beginning. Many good lessons you can you can get on you tube. This is one of them that I like:

Good luck.

3. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Thanks a lot, Igor. I'll take a look at that video; I've already added it to my favourites.
    :)