1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Hellspawn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Hey guys, I'm a new forum user, just registered yesterday. My name is Federico, I'm 34 years old and I'm from Argentina. I play the bass since.. well, technically, last year.

I started playing the guitar many years ago but I never got anywhere. When I was a teenager I started singing and that was sustantially better than my guitar playing (I even got a record out with a band), but that ended when the band split up. After that I started my current course of studies (I'm studying to become a translator) and last year my brother gave me a bass guitar as a gift. All this time I have been playing some songs and watching some youtube vids for technique aid, but I couldn't really put myself to the task of actually improving. Although my timetable is still quite busy, I'd like to revert that, so here I am.

My aim with the bass guitar is to be able to put a song in the computer and play along with the bass guitar. No band, no big project, at least for now. As I said, I don't have the time for that. That also means that I don't have time for lessons, but I can take some time at night to practice a bit. Do you think I can improve if I do this on my own?

Thanks a lot for having this forum. I've been looking a bit and I can see it's a huge source of information.
    :)
  2. ivm1990

ivm1990

Federico, hi. My name is Igor. I am Russian who lives for 24 years in USA. I am 57. Start to play bass in the band when I was 13. Did not play for last 30 years. Now start playing in the Church. Because of 30 years not playing, I have to start almost from the beginning. Many good lessons you can you can get on you tube. This is one of them that I like:

Good luck.
  3. Hellspawn

Hellspawn

Thanks a lot, Igor. I'll take a look at that video; I've already added it to my favourites.
    :)