irig line out - speakers or amp?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassgreek, Nov 7, 2012.

1. bassgreek

bassgreek

ways to connect irig?

2. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

I use iRig with an iPad and sometimes iPhone. For practice, I find the best thing is to plug headphones into the iRig.

You -can- output the iRig to an amp, but I did not like it too much, and if your main interest is practicing technique or learning songs, I could not see the benefit.

For me, just put my headphones in the iRig works great.

Mike

3. bassgreek

bassgreek

I just hate headphones..
    plus I like to record myself too when playing and listen to it later on (u can learn from your mistakes)

4. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    It'll work, but it'll sound better through headphones or an amp.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Duke21

Duke21

I run the iRig line out into one of the following options:
    1) Headphones, if it is a headphone that is easy to drive, like my Ultrasone HFi 580
    2) Headphone amp/ mixer when I use heavy driven headphones such as my AKG 701
    3) Directly into the Aux socket in my Ibanez 20W bass combo. By going through the Aux I pass the internal preamp and limiter, thus right into the power section
    4) Into my mini mixer and then to the PA.

Both option 3 & 4 work great. Using the iRig with Amplitube/ Ampkit as preamp/ DI is very effective.

7. nick98338

nick98338

I've hooked up through the iPod Touch and the Peavey AmpKit to pc speakers. Good pc speakers, that is. Not the little plastic ones. Decent quality bookshelf type hi-fi speakers being powered by a stereo receiver. Pretty good sounding at low volume levels. Just not enough volume. I've also hooked up to a pretty good home stereo rig with some large Jensen speakers. Very good sound there. Plenty of volume. I've also hooked up headphones. Also good sound. That's how I do most of my practicing. Bass > AmpKit > GK app > Headphones. Works well.