iRig Stomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gadgetjunky, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

2. matt descending

matt descending

Bad idea written all over it.
  3. cultrvultr

cultrvultr

I got to try this for a minute today. It's actually better than I was expecting. The construction is better than you might expect, real metal chassis. However, I can't comment on the sound quality - noisy tradeshow floor and I think the irig sounds like junk anyways. Besides, they only had a Strat hooked up.
  4. IK Obi

IK Obi

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chief redcok

chief redcok

Looks good, might buy it
  7. Brian at IK

Brian at IK

Disclosures:
    IK Multimedia Community Support
    iRig STOMP shipping now. You will notice a marked improvement in signal to noise with it.
  8. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

I just got one of these and it seems to suck all the low frequencies out my tone. I'm disappointed.

I've used it a bit more. It's noisy, it makes my bass tone sound thin, and it clips/distorts on strong attack (with a passive bass).
  9. Duke21

Duke21

Disclosures:
    Positive Grid Beta tester
    But it will be even better if you guys gives us a 30 pin interface for sound in/ out of the iOS device. The analog/ headphone socket is not ideal regarding noise and cross talk.
  10. kevinmoore73

And while you're at it, include MIDI in/out in that device. I would like an interface to include audio as well as MIDI. The Tascam iU2 has these features, but all of the reviews indicate that it's junk.
  11. PrietoBass

PrietoBass How does he do that? Supporting Member

Yep; same experience here. :scowl:
  12. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

I think why is because this type of connection uses the mic input and I've read that it has a HPF on the signal processor. This may be more for guitar then.
  13. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

I'm thinking more like an Io Dock or Griffin Studio connnect, they have midi i/o plus audio i/o connections
  14. Spino

Spino

theres a demo of the Ampitube on YT from John Herrington (Steely Dan ) playing guitar and he's getting some good results but he's a man who knows about good tone ...you can hear the noise in the background tho.I would like to hear this with Bass.Great practice Amp for the price .
  15. kevinmoore73

I just tested it with a guitar and it does the same thing. :mad:
  16. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

well, the good thing is that amplitube works with the Apogee Jam and other 30 pin connectors. Maybe they will make an iStomp digital that has a 30 pin connector interface. That would be perfect.
  17. kevinmoore73

For me, the issue is that I want to get audio in and out of my iPad running Loopy while having the ability to connect a FCB1010 controller via the dock connector.
  18. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

yep, I know what you mean exactly. Io Dock
  19. kevinmoore73

Do you know if it works with iOS 6?
  20. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

That I don't know. I don't have an io Dock or upgraded ipad3 to ios6 yet, but I found this:

https://m.getsatisfaction.com/alesis#/topics/ios_6_ipad

Technician says it passed, used says something didn't work. ios6 is pretty new so we may not know for sure until more people post. It is pricy to be rolling the dice on, sorry.

Still seems like the best interface for midi and 1/4 in-outs from my research.
  21. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

I did a little more digging, and the Griffin Studioconnect seems to have better reviews, not very many, but positive and good midi connection. please post what you get and results you have.