1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Iron Ether Oxide question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jmceachern36, Dec 13, 2012.

1. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

I just bought an Oxide pedal and I was trying out some of the suggested settings and noticed right away that the spike in volume make them totally unusable fo a live gig situation. Has anyone else noticed this or is somthing wrong with my pedal? It seems that I have to have the fuzz knob turned down to about 9 o'clock to keep the volume down. Does that sound right?
  2. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

there are 2 volume knobs on that if I remember right, a clean and fuzz.
  3. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Does it sound good? That is what matters.

The suggested setting make a note that adjustments may be needed depending on your set-up.
  4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Also when I first got mine I was surprised by this too. I use the Fuzz and clean knobs to get a ratio of fuzz to clean. The drive sets the gain.
    Taylor overbuilds his pedals it seems. A Xerograph DLX can blow some speakers if you are not careful.
  5. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Just turn down the volume controls??
  6. jmceachern36

Ok. Sounds like its not defective. Just have to get a handle on the volume controls. It seems like there a fine line with the fuzz vol between being to soft and possibly knocking the singer off the stage.
  7. jmceachern36

Oh and yes it sounds good. Very good.
  8. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    You have a clean level, and a fuzz level. Adjust them for the tone you want, but check the volume by bypassing the pedal, and then adjusting them to get the volume you want. Just turn them both down by the same amount.

Your level should be the same when you bypass the box.
  9. jmceachern36

Thanks. I think I've got it. I thought the clean was a blend knob at first for some reason.