1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Iron Ether Status?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fettbass, Apr 14, 2014.

1. fettbass

fettbass

I tried contacting Iron ether about ordering pedals and didn't receive any response after a week or so. I also noticed all the pedals are out of stock on their page. Anyone know what's going on with them right now?

2. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

I believe Taylor had some health issues a while back. He's now trying to get caught with back orders and I believe building some stock before he starts taking new orders. Could be a while yet.

3. Marial

Marial Three Weeks of Freedom Start Right NOW Gold Supporting Member

No. I sent back my Nimbus for repair and Taylor couldn't duplicate the fault but offered to send me a new pedal. I originally sent the pedal in for repair in Dec of 2013. My last communication from Taylor happened on March 18 and at that time he said he would be able to send a new Nimbus in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to sit tight and not stress for the time being. He's been up front thus far. I just hope whatever health issues afflicted him last year haven't returned.

4. fettbass

fettbass

Oh ok. Well I wish him a speedy and full recovery! I'm hoping Taylor sees this thread.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Marial

Great timing, I just received the shipping notice and tracking number for my Nimbus. Thank you Taylor!

7. fettbass

fettbass

The thread worked!!!😜

8. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston

Disclosures:
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Hey fellas, as noted above I'm digging out of a difficult spot right now, but IE is still alive and the web shop will reopen next month or so with pedals in stock.

9. kevteop

kevteop

Sorry to hear Taylor hasn't been well. I've been meaning to order a few of his pedals for a while and waiting for IE's status to change, but I'm quite content to wait until he's ready.

Hope you're OK man. :)

10. bikingbassist

bikingbassist

can't wait for a chance to order some IE pedals. hope all is well

11. fettbass

fettbass

Awesome. I'll be sure to get some of your pedals when you're ready for new business! 😃

12. yaksonator

yaksonator

Oh man I can get a polytope again!!! I'm excite! I shouldn't have gotten rid of it to begin with.

aetheriac likes this.
  13. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

Glad to hear you are still keeping it going. You have a lot of avid supporters here including me.

14. Marial

I'm going to place an order for a SubT as soon as the shop is open again. It's next in my quest to own the whole product line. :)

15. Denver Max

Denver Max

I'm REALLY trying to hold off on buying anymore pedals until I can get a Polytope. Might have a used Nimbus lined up though and I'm not letting it slip past me if I can help it.

16. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Taylor is an awesome dude! Hope all is well!!!

17. GG-Thunderbird

GG-Thunderbird

Funny part is that as soon as I found this thread I received an email from IE saying my pedal has shipped. Timing was a bit scary but hey, I'm not complaining! Hope you're doing well Taylor!

18. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston

Disclosures:
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Thanks so much for the well-wishes, everybody. Let me also extend a public apology to those who have been waiting quite a while for their pedals recently. I never wanted to be one of those pedal companies with a long wait. I've made changes to get things shipped faster, make up for your wait, and to ensure that this doesn't happen again in the future.

19. DinnerWithAGypsy

DinnerWithAGypsy Supporting Member

Aside from knowing something happened, I don't really know your situation whatsoever, but I'm looking forward to the reopening of your store, and I truly hope all is well with you now! :) I'm really interested in the Subterranea and the Xerograph LPF.

20. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Cheers to a speedy recovery

21. aetheriac

aetheriac Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner - Sunken Acropolis Audio
    I'm still figuring out how it will work with my band.