Is anybody tried the Kustom KXB200H amp head?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Nexany, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Nexany

Nexany

Hello.

I would like to buy a new Bass head and i found that today.
    It would be my first Bass Head amp, i'm using Behringer BX300 at home which is for sure not enought loud and distort the sound at about 50% volume or less :S
    I play mostly Beatles and vintage bass lines, i also use flatwounds and of course i don't slap and i like mellow bassy bass tones.
    I want an amp which doesn't distort the sound in loud volume, even if i cut the Highs.And go with much Bass on EQ.

If anybody tried it, please share your experience with it.

Thanks!
  2. JasonKain

JasonKain

I picked one up a few weeks ago, play it in my church. Snagged it to replace the Ampeg PF-500 I was playing, as I didn't like the voicing of that amp in my church setting.

I've only had 2 chances to play it so far, once with a drummer and once without. I'm playing in a concrete building with a lot of corners through a 4ohm 2x15+2x6, so far using my Stingray SUB, strung with flats, in the -6db input. Gain is set at roughly 9 o'clock, with volume at around 8 o'clock.

Even in my volume testing, I haven't really gotten it to distort much at all, even pushing the gain. I don't know how loud you'll need it to go, but so far I'm keeping up with our drummer at under 9 o'clock volume, but that may just be my scenario. Time will tell for me. For the price, I have no real regrets.