1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Is Brian Bromberg playing his Carvin signature model in this video?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FusionFission, Jan 20, 2013.

1. FusionFission

FusionFission

Hey Guys,

Is Brian Bromberg playing his Carvin signature model in this video?

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/

I know he's had signature models with other brands too, though I am not sure which.

I appreciate your expert help, as usual.

Thanks!

2. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Your link doesn't work it doesn't send you to the video you are mentioning.

3. FusionFission

FusionFission

4. unclejane

unclejane Guest

Doesn't look like the Carvin to me. Course, you know, BB kills on everything he puts into his hands, but that looks like a different bass. The bridge and knobs are different.

Else, it looks a lot like his Carvin but I don't think that's what it is.....

LS

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ejmy

ejmy

It's a Carvin

7. FusionFission

FusionFission

Yeah, that's what I thought too. He's been involved with instrument design with other companies, applying the same or similar Carvin specifications, I imagine, to those instruments. That might be why it looks like the Carvin. I'm curious what manufacturer that is. Does anyone know what brand that is?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    He's had sig basses from several companies. Peavey, Dean, US Masters and Carvin. So it is one of his basses just maybe from a different company. They all had the same style.

9. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I am pretty sure it is a Dean, note the switch and knob layout. And yes, I am pretty sure his signature looks that way no matter what company.

10. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger

Actually I think the shape is his and he has had similar basses made before Carvin by smaller makers. I think the Carvin execution is a little cleaner and sleeker than the bass in this video.

11. ejmy

ejmy

It's a Carvin. Even has the Carvin marker on the 12th fret.

12. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger

13. FusionFission

FusionFission

Yeah, I thought the Carvin debuted in 2011.

14. FusionFission

FusionFission

On a side note, Bromberg has to be one of the most down-to-Earth, approachable, humble and easy-going talents in the world of bass. He's also quite articulate, and a very effective instructor.

15. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

I don't think that is a Carvin. It doesn't have the Dean logo, either, so it may be a one-off custom or a prototype. Either way, there are youtube videos of him with that ass in 2008 - way before the Carvin thing happened.

Edit: 99.9% sure this bass was made by US Masters Guitar Works.

16. FusionFission

FusionFission

He's done a lot of signature models with the same design. This one seems to have a slightly smaller body than the Carvin, which is what piqued my interest.

17. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

The Carvin BB model wasn't out yet when this video was made. The Carvin BB models came out in 2011. So, unlesss Brian has a time machine, I'm pretty darn sure it's not a Carvin. :)

18. FusionFission

FusionFission

He might have a time machine. I know Jeff Berlin does.

19. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Everybody knows time machines are powered by arrogance. So, unless Brian hitches a ride with Jeff, he isn't going anywhere.

20. FusionFission

FusionFission

Haha. Anyone ever play one of the BB signatures? They look well made, and he's apparently put a crap load of thought into the design, not just his name.

21. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

It's a sig bass of his, but not a Carvin. Carvins have a little different headstock, and no toggle switch.

I have a B25P. It is the most comfortable, most versatile and best playing bass I own.

+ Infinity