Is cannibal corpses lineup underrated

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassistcali, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

alex Webster Paul Mazurkiewicz rob Barret George fisher patrick orien and previously Chris barnes...some of these guys are actually pretty good

2. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

If you write songs that are totally unlistenable, because they are nothing but a headache inducing double kick, and haggard sounding vocals, it doesn't really matter if you are actually good at your instrument.

3. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

Some people enjoy "unlistenable" music. Some people find polka unlistenable. Doesn't mean that all polka musicians suck.

4. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

I think cannibal corpse is awful, but you can't deny that they are skilled musicians.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Man, I'm more into six feet under but they are definitely underated! And it's not jazz so it's a win win!!!

7. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

Personally I like everything [except rap and pop] though most people detest then and their lyrics..glad you can see past that

8. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Alex Webster is an amazing player as well as the rest of the band. He really brought the 3 finger machine gun speed accuracy and stamina to a whole new level. His lines are creative deep and melodically and the rest of the band is great as well. I don’t think they are underrated I think they are misunderstood. I am not a speed or thrash metal guru or superfan by any stretch and yes that genre of music is not my thing as something I listen to regularly. As far as a crushing killer Spector tone his is to die for IMO.

I’m sorry but the way I have seen Jaco and Alex and other elite groundbreaking players get thrashed around here lately makes me laugh. It’s cool to have an opinion good bad or indifferent but the close mindedness of some members makes me laugh as if they are in a position to look down on guys like them, wow.

Also I might add Alex is one of the coolest down to earth nicest guys around.

9. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

Yes definitely that tone .. his interviews are great 2

10. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

Watch "Cannibal Corpse" on YouTube
    Cannibal Corpse: http://youtu.be/o1SmQlAleWo anyone watch this a little lengthy but this shows anyone that not all metal guys are big headed or trash or whatever stereotypes there are...he's just such a laid back guy and extremely talented

11. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    No Cannibal Corpse isn't underrated if you like the style. They have killed it since the 1980's

12. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

This. They're pretty much the extreme metal equivalent to Metallica.

...in a good way.

And as for skill, even one run through of one of their simpler songs like Hammer Smashed Face is a workout and a half, even with 3 fingers!

I love the music and they seem like a cool group of guys. I actually met George and he was nice as hell. Tons of respect for the Corpse.

13. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

I like their liberal use of chromaticism and ascending dim7 chords on their first record. Haven't listened much to them since but I can't share the view that it's just all noise - like many other things, it's an acquired taste. Much like vegemite and tomato juice.

14. truecanadian04

truecanadian04

I know there sic and will always kill it. To say if they're good or bad is a personal judgement and no fact, but they are really good on the instruments and that's a fact.

15. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpQOZcNASw

HAMMER! SMASHED! FACE!

16. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

17. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Webster is a great bass player and I hear they are all nice guys. Hammer Smashed Face is the only song I like by them, though.

18. icecycle66

icecycle66

I concur.

19. vin*tone

vin*tone

How can a really popular band be underrated?

20. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Aren't Alex and Paul the only original members? Not that that matters, but they've been through quite a bit of lineup changes from what I remember.

They're only underrated by Dying Fetus fans, IME. :p

21. Bassistcali

Bassistcali

6 feet's unders guitarist not sure who but he's really good.in their acdc covers the TNT solo is beast..seed of filth is my fav