1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

is it possible to make this with an A/B switch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alfonso_bundis, Nov 30, 2012.

1. alfonso_bundis

alfonso_bundis

So, I just bought a delay pedal (TC electronic's Flashback) and so far I am loving it. The pedal is in the middle of my chain between my wah and a Zoom multieffect.
    For the moment I am playing mostly solo and this pedal gave me an idea to make the playing a bit more fun. I was thinking to divide the signal after the wah using an A/B selector and recombining it in the Zoom using a Y adapter. The idea is to create ambient like sounds using the delay with high feedback and then use the A/B to bypass the delay but allowing the delayed part keep on playing on the background while i work on the more grounded part of the song.
    Would this work the way I expect? has anyone try it before? If so, which A/B selector do you recommend?
  2. alec

alec

You need an A/B that mutes the input but leaves the output connected. I have a Wounded Paw blender that does this, but I don't know how common it is in other brands.
  3. Skrogh

Skrogh

You can set the flashback to "buffered bypass" and it will activate the "spill-over" function. look at page 15 and 9 in the manual. Then the only thing you need is a blender, like the Boss LS-2
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

There is a looper mode on the TC. WHat you describe is exactly what a looper does and there is no need for additional devices.
    I have never used the TC though so I may be missing something.
  5. alfonso_bundis

alfonso_bundis

Well, there is a looper mode but you cannot loop and use any other kind of delay function. As I am interested in using the reverse mode for the background the looper is no really useful.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. I made a small experiment with two Y adapters, one for splitting the signal and another for recombining it. Instead of the A/B pedal I disconnected the cables manually. Apparently I can not feed two signal to a pedal, who knew. ( I am really illiterate when it comes to electronics). Maybe the solution would be a blender for the recombination and the A/B for the splitting?
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Yes, blender will split, but you'll want a buffered A/B box if you want to use A and B at the same time.
  7. alec

alec

It sounds like you just need to switch the Flashback to buffered bypass so you get delay trails when you disengage it.
  8. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Youd be amazed at how easy building something that does this.would be. Or maybe I need to leave my diy cave more often
  9. alfonso_bundis

alfonso_bundis

Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the help. I think for the moment I will use the spill over. I got this idea after seeing this video. http://youtu.be/z3aqZSywx7k?t=1m13s

That sounds cool dude, could you elaborate a bit more on this, please??