1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Salamenster, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Salamenster

Salamenster

Did a search and found great praise and good stories on the EBS Drome 12.

Got a chance buyin' one 2nd hand for €550,-. Back in the day they were €750 new...

Currently playing a Rumble 75.

Going to try it tuesday...

Should I go for it?

Any tips for me when I try it? What should I look at especially buying this combo 2nd hand to see if it's really worth it? What determines a 'good' amp 2nd hand?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Totally depends on what you need this amp to do for you. Compared to your Rumble, I would think this to be a lateral move, not a big upgrade. Both amps are small practice combo's, and neither will be enough to gig with, but if it's a small practice amp you want, what is it you don't like about the Rumble?

3. Salamenster

Salamenster

It ain't got no tweeter. So it get's quite dull and misses the edge and crips when your strings are broken in. It's unportable. It hasn't got a DI out. And the EBS is much, much louder and has got a port.

4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

Based on that response, I still do not think this combo amp is worth your time. I agree with Rickenboogie in regards to this amp move to be a lateral one. I suggest saving more money for some better equipment - separate head and cabinet come to mind here. But hey, it's your money and you should be happy when you play your bass.

5. Register to disable this ad