1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Salamenster, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Did a search and found great praise and good stories on the EBS Drome 12.

Got a chance buyin' one 2nd hand for €550,-. Back in the day they were €750 new...

Currently playing a Rumble 75.

Going to try it tuesday...

Should I go for it?

Any tips for me when I try it? What should I look at especially buying this combo 2nd hand to see if it's really worth it? What determines a 'good' amp 2nd hand?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Totally depends on what you need this amp to do for you. Compared to your Rumble, I would think this to be a lateral move, not a big upgrade. Both amps are small practice combo's, and neither will be enough to gig with, but if it's a small practice amp you want, what is it you don't like about the Rumble?

3. Sponsored by:

4. It ain't got no tweeter. So it get's quite dull and misses the edge and crips when your strings are broken in. It's unportable. It hasn't got a DI out. And the EBS is much, much louder and has got a port.

5. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Based on that response, I still do not think this combo amp is worth your time. I agree with Rickenboogie in regards to this amp move to be a lateral one. I suggest saving more money for some better equipment - separate head and cabinet come to mind here. But hey, it's your money and you should be happy when you play your bass.