1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Is my BB2024MX unique?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wraithwrider, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

When I ordered my BB2024 I was surprised to be asked if I wanted a maple or a rosewood fingerboard. I thought that rosewood was the only option.

I chose maple because I could and I'm glad I did. I'm not aware of another. Are you?

Oh it certainly equals all the hype btw

Peter

[​IMG]
  2. pbass2

pbass2

That is a beauty! Love the maple.
  3. eupharies

eupharies

Disclosures:
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    I hate maple necks :( has to be ebony for me!
  4. Mola Ram

Mola Ram

Wow, I didn't know maple was an option either. Where'd you get it from?
  5. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

I'm in the UK. My dealer phoned the importer and it was available. I've just heard that ebony and maple necks are available on these (and presumably the BB2025) to special order.
  6. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Nice. I've only ever seen rosewood necks.

Maybe these were originally just for the Japan market?
  7. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Looks great. Didn't know that was an option though, given that it's a hand made bass, you should be able to choose your fingerboard wood and a lot more besides! Let's hope this option filters down the BB range...
  8. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Wow that's neat!
    The only other maple one I've seen is the one that James Lomenzo uses. I remember reading somewhere he didn't think Yamaha would put it into production. Very cool.
    Brent
  9. ggvicviper

ggvicviper P is the Key. Call me Marc or Marky Potatoes. Gold Supporting Member

I never saw this either. It looks fantastic though.
  10. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Ebony is available too? I'll have to bear that in mind if I ever get around to ordering a BB2025X!
  11. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen

Saw that one (Yours) on BassChat UK, my compliments!

Earlier I contacted BassDirect; as they had listed a BB2024X in BLACK w/ a maple 'board, but they were not able to locate it.. I would have been willing to pay a premium (US$ vs. GB Pound) PLUS overseas shipping if it had been available.

At any rate, I have spent the last few days playing my New BB2024X VW (with standard rosewood board), and as I have posted here- It is one awesome instrument.

Of course, you already know that.;)