1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

is my song any good? :)

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by chiocchi12, Nov 19, 2012.

1. chiocchi12

chiocchi12

2. bassinplace

bassinplace

I enjoyed it! Lyrics not necessarily my cup of tea, but good song!

3. brad houser

brad houser

wrong question to ask. the question I would suggest would be : does it sound good to you?

4. AuBassMan

AuBassMan

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller Supporting Member

Sounds great, if it were me I'd edit/shorten it a bit, but what do I know?

Great Job!

7. Snarf

Snarf

You're pretty consistently sharp. Arrangement is flat, no development, no dynamics.

Sorry to be the negative dude. :( There's potential but you need a producer.

8. phox

phox

The music itself is very repetitive, there's some changes and dynamics in the vocals, but like Snarf said there's no development.

9. jaxom

jaxom

I think with a nice upbeat drum track and a tight bass it would really kick...

10. 5StringFool

5StringFool

All in all I think it's a good tune, but I would do some things differently. To me it seems a little long and lacking in dynamics (as some others have mentioned), but I think it has a good melody and I liked the vocals.

Changes I would make... bring in drums @ around 1:10, cut the 3rd chorus before the "leaves on the trees" section, shorten the "leaves on the trees" section a little and bring in an electric riffing under the vocal, and then keep it big until the fade out at the end. Essentially making it build the entire way through the song.

Just my .02... take it for what it is. ;)