Is Scott's Bass Lessons insider subscription worthwhile?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Sgroh87, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Sgroh87

Sgroh87 Supporting Member

I've been taking bass lessons at the local community college, but due to some scheduling conflicts and financial issues, I won't be able to take lessons next semester. I was thinking about paying the $150 for Scott's materials, but I wanted to know if the information he provides is worth the cost.

For a bit of background, I've been playing bass for about a year now, but I've been involved in music for a lot longer than that.
  2. bigboy_78

bigboy_78

I paid, but honestly haven't had time to look through it yet. Scott's lessons are great and having access to written course material & some backing tracks, as well as the videos is a fantasitc resource for what isn't really much coin.
  3. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I have not purchased the package. Scott has a talent for making a video lesson understandable. Now he has a partner that has added a workbook for each lesson. Added value. Putting them into packages instead of 100 random videos also has merit.

$150 is like two months of lessons from a local teacher. Do the math.

Anything Scott Devine and or Ed Friedland are involved in IMO will have value and be worth the money spent.
  4. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

I haven't paid for the package, but Scott's free lessons are typically fantastic. Very easily understood, explained clearly and simply so that you can immediately start using the information. And the backing tracks are a great tool to allow you to get into the groove of what you are practicing for each given lesson.

If his $150 lesson package is anything like his free lessons, I'd have to say it would be worth it.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wolffgang

Wolffgang

In my opinion, for what you're getting, not really, but viewing it as a way to support a talented teacher who freely gives such great stuff, yes.
  7. retardedpossum

retardedpossum

Worth every penny
  8. warnergt

warnergt

That makes two of us.
  9. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Scott's free lessons on pentatonics, using triads and developing walking basslines are some of the best bass lessons I've ever had for opening up the fretboard.
    It's hardly a huge amount to spend and I'd be astonished if you don't gain a huge amount from it. Give Scott your money- he deserves it.
  10. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

I rarely watch bass lessons on line. But I have worked through a few of his free lessons and they were totally beneficial. Its something that I never thought I would do, but after the holidays I plan on paying the $150 and starting a schedule. Treat it like an online class. I'm pretty excited to start.
  11. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe Supporting Member

Scott is awesome. It was my Xmas present to myself, and to Scott.
  12. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

Scott is a great teacher, if you can afford it support him so he'll keep putting out lessons.