1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Is the Line 6 G30 still the value choice for wireless?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Supporting Member

I'm looking for a new wireless rig to replace my ancient, cheap analog kit.

The Line 6 G30 was getting favorable reviews a few years ago, but there hasn't been much recent buzz about them. Is it still a viable way to go?
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep. Digital wireless is awesome. Even the cheap ones sound fantastic. If I were to get a new one to replace my 5 year old X2's (hopefully I won't have to), it'd likely be a G30.
  3. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps / Warmoth Guitar and Bass Parts
    + 1 my older Line 6 rocks !!!
  4. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

I have the line 6 G50. It works great BUT the battery door on the transmitter IMO is a very bad design. I have to use rubber bands to keep door closed tight enough to make contact with the battery's.
  5. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Yeah, over 4 years of steady gigging on my XDR-95 and it's still working like a champ - no complaints here...

- georgestrings
  6. Maya403

Maya403

Can a G30 or G50 give out the lower notes on a bass?

I am looking foward to buy one but i am worried that it wont be able to produce those deep lower notes, especally with 5 string basses... Help!!
  7. carl h.

carl h.

They do full range - low notes sound exactly like when they left the bass.
  8. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

I'd choose anytime a XDR-95 over a G30.
    I had issue with the G30 live (lots of headbanging and movement on stage) but never a problem with my XDR