1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Is the VOXAmplug for bass any good?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Deoindra, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Deoindra

Deoindra

I am really interested in buying a small sturdy bass amp that can plug right into my bass guitar but I've heard some reviews about the vox amplug and they are definately mixed! People say its a good buy and others say its a waster of money, is it? And if so is there any other device like it but better though?
    Thanks!
  2. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

I've got one and it has worked right for a year or two but then the gain control started to fail. It's very handy for home practice but a bit noisy, which however can be helped with rolling tone knob to 4-5 position when the hiss becomes less noticeable. Good for what it costs really.
  3. pedroims

pedroims Supporting Member

I got one free when I bought a bass, I like it, great for practice, you can practice practically everywhere :), Good headphones will make a huge difference.
  4. mog416

mog416

I've had one for a couple of years. I like it a lot for learning new songs. I now mostly use my iPhone with jamup for better quality but it's not as quick and easy as the vox.
  5. JACink

JACink

I am not sure on the price of the VOX, but there is the Pandora Mini which is also great for portability and rehearsing.
  6. Woodstockz

Woodstockz

Vox is about half the price of the Pandora, but the Pandora has a lot of features. Each has it's own niche.
  7. David Hayes

David Hayes Guest

I have one. I like it ok.
  8. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

It barely sounds OK, but it sounds OK, is cheap, and fits in their accessory compartment of any of my bass cases, along with a pair of ear buds and a patch cable for a phone. When I'm travelling without any other gear I bring that "rig" along and rent/borrow a bass if the opportunity presents itself. A really good investment IMHO.
  9. David Hayes

David Hayes Guest

The guitar ones sound better than the bass one.
  10. Martin89

Martin89

Disclosures:
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I'd probably just spend the extra money and get a Zoom MS-60B, pretty sure you can run your headphones out of it, and it's useable for a lot of stuff, including on your board/tuner when you're not playing in your bedroom. I use my Zoom B3 that way and it's the best thing I've ever used to practice with headphones.
  11. JACink

JACink

+1.

I also use the B3 for headphone practice.