Is there a trick to gluing eyeglasses??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, May 27, 2009.

1. NJL

NJL

I broke my glasses yesterday, super glue isn't working!!! :meh:

My health bene's end on May 31st, so i was lucky in getting my order in for an exam, new lenses and new frames (Kenneth Cole Reactions).. only a $20 co-pay!

How do you super glue glasses back together??? Part of the frame broke and the lens just falls out.. for some reason the super glue won't hold it together..
  2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

What part of the frame broke? SInce your getting a new pair, a little JB weld seems to hold.
  3. NJL

NJL

i have some two part epoxy, thanks for reminding me, joe.... BUT:

i'm scared i'll have an interview and show up with a big ball of glue holding my spec's together... what a time to have an issue like this LOL hahahah

the part is where the top of the frame goes close to the nose rail.. the frame (almost wire frame type) broke..

man this is total carp!!!
  4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Around the lenses? Or just the bridge or where the bridge connects?

If it's just the bridge, just a little dab of JB weld might hold it together, but it also wont be the prettiest thing.

How bad is your vision? Could you take your glasses off just for an interview and then put them back on to drive?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NJL

NJL

it's the upper part that goes to the bridge.. lost of tension there..

well, in re the vision, only sometimes i get nautious when i don't wear glasses.. it's prolly just a mental thing:

when i go running or train at the gym, i don't wear them and am completely fine, but in front of a comp screen and other times, i get sea sick LOL hahhaahhah
  7. rcarraher

rcarraher

So, if you get an interview, don't wear your glasses. Just walk in and ACT as blind as you are, and after the hand shake, say"You do hire the handicapped, don't you?"
  8. NJL

NJL

LOL :D smart ass.. usually I end the interview with, "Well thanks for giving me time out of your hectic schedule for our interview.. oh, by the way, do you prosecute employees?"

:D
  9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

A really strong epoxy or JB weld is your best bet then. If you bond the two parts together and get two micro vises (like one for fly knot tying or model painting) you can wipe off the excess and later even sand it with the tiniest amount of pressure.

As for the nauseous thing, that's just a when you are concentrating on small things like TV computers and books right? Headaches too?
  10. NJL

NJL

yeah pretty much..
  11. cassanova

cassanova

If the JB Weld doesn't work then you can also try a small dab of solder, this has worked for me a time or two in the past.
  12. DigMe

DigMe

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

The trick is not gluing your eyelids shut.
  14. MakiSupaStar

For some reason, I really really like this picture. Can't quite figure out why? :ninja:
  15. elgecko

elgecko

16. excane

excane Banned

Splashguard?

:bag:
  17. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

:D
  18. MakiSupaStar

LMAO. Well there's that, but with those things I could pretend she was asian, even if she wasn't. I might need to get a pair of those things. I could expand my horizons while staying well within my range.
  19. NJL

NJL

WOW!! Thank you so much! :) Even unemployed right now, i can afford that!!!
  20. baba

baba Supporting Member

Tape works best.

[​IMG]
  21. NJL

NJL

well i completely messed up my glasses with super glue now, but i don't care.. oh well..

i've been checking out that site that elgecko posted.. really cool, i just need to get my PD and i will order another set..