Is there something wrong with my G&L L2000?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Mar 9, 2014.

1. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Hey Guys,
    This is a little embarrassing I have to tell you but I always knew my L2K had a a hotter output than any of my other basses but it seems to be overdriving everything even in passive mode. I have the bass control maybe a quarter of the way up, both pickups i=on in parallel. I don't remember having to engage the pad on my GK400RBIV but otherwise it's overdriving the front end, Maybe it's just me? I'm going to cane batteries today and see if that does anything.I know at some point I will need a new input jack as this one is loose when inserting a cord, could that be it?

Brent
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Those basses are incredibly hot in any mode.

Try the battery first. The output jack wouldn't be causing that.
  3. bassbenj

bassbenj

No jacks don't act as amplifiers. And the battery only affects active mode so that won't do it either. You might look to see if pickups have worked themselves closer to the strings which would increase output. And you should understand that series mode gives twice the output of parallel mode. But since you are in parallel that isn't it.

Hence, I'd look for the problem in the amps/pedals/whatever the bass is feeding. A low battery or low voltage there can cause distortion.
  4. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Guys,
    Thank you. As embarrassing as it is, I think it might be my ears. I've been playing my Jazz basses for so long I think I forgot just how hot that puppy can be!
    Brent
  5. Register to disable this ad