1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Is this a dimarzio

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 31, 2014.

1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

If so is this a old one? says patent pending. I was just going to sell it and wondered if anyone knows what it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Yeah you're right that those are early DiMarzio split single coil pups. I had a pair that came stock in a an early aluminum neck Kramer, and they were absolutely killer too! I'm thinking 1980 or so.
  3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Cool thanks, they were removed from a 1970s fender P so I guess they were old.
  4. MIMike

MIMike

I have a set too, came out of a early 70s P I picked up many years ago. I have never even heard them...
  5. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Just for the record - I've had several sets of these as well as a brand new DiMarzio P.

They sound exactly the same.