Is this a good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diogometalhead, Jan 22, 2014.

1. diogometalhead

diogometalhead

Hello I am kind of new here so I'm not sure if I am posting in the right section. Sorry if I am not.

Well I want to learn how to play bass so I have no experience or know anything about it. I need to know if this is a good bass for a beginner. Esp ltd F-104 or F-54

I really don't know the difference so may you guys help me on this?

2. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

ESP LTD's are inexpensive but a bit variable in quality. You didn't mention a price. If it's cheap enough, it might be OK but it wouldn't be my first choice. At the price I'm seeing for these things new online, you could get a Squier VM Jazz or Precision, which might not look as rad, but which I think is more likely to be a starter bass that you can get some years of use out of.

3. pfox14

pfox14

I think a Squier would be a great choice for a first bass.

4. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

I agree 100%. Of the squire basses I played, The vintage modified jazz bass and the classic vibe 60's p-bass I thought were excellent quality and tone for a low price. If possible, try to play the one you are going to buy to ensure there are no surprises.
    The Vintage modified jaguar was nice too, just a little bit more money.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ben Berd

Ben Berd Supporting Member

+1 on the Vintage Modified line! Great basses for the money.

7. MrTaff

MrTaff

The F-104 is a bit pointy for me, but they're decent basses if you don't mind the 35" scale, it's also going to sound completely different to the Squier, for metal I prefer active basses so I'd pick the F-104.