1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Is this a good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diogometalhead, Jan 22, 2014.

1. diogometalhead

diogometalhead

Hello I am kind of new here so I'm not sure if I am posting in the right section. Sorry if I am not.

Well I want to learn how to play bass so I have no experience or know anything about it. I need to know if this is a good bass for a beginner. Esp ltd F-104 or F-54

I really don't know the difference so may you guys help me on this?
  2. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

ESP LTD's are inexpensive but a bit variable in quality. You didn't mention a price. If it's cheap enough, it might be OK but it wouldn't be my first choice. At the price I'm seeing for these things new online, you could get a Squier VM Jazz or Precision, which might not look as rad, but which I think is more likely to be a starter bass that you can get some years of use out of.
  3. pfox14

pfox14

I think a Squier would be a great choice for a first bass.
  4. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

I agree 100%. Of the squire basses I played, The vintage modified jazz bass and the classic vibe 60's p-bass I thought were excellent quality and tone for a low price. If possible, try to play the one you are going to buy to ensure there are no surprises.
    The Vintage modified jaguar was nice too, just a little bit more money.
  5. Ben Berd

Ben Berd Supporting Member

+1 on the Vintage Modified line! Great basses for the money.
  6. MrTaff

MrTaff

The F-104 is a bit pointy for me, but they're decent basses if you don't mind the 35" scale, it's also going to sound completely different to the Squier, for metal I prefer active basses so I'd pick the F-104.