Is this a good trade for me? An Epiphone El Capitan bass for a Fender Rumble 150 amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dogwillhunt80, Jan 28, 2014.

1. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Someone offered me their Fender Rumble 150 bass amp for my Epiphone El Capitan acoustic/electric bass.

Is this a good deal for me?
  2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

It depends do you need an amp? If so it is a very good amp and I am sure you will get more use of the amp than you will get from your acoustic bass. And value wise they are almost the same.
  3. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Yes I do need an amp. I recently obtained an Ibanez SR500, which is a much better bass and what I'm looking for, as opposed to the El Capitan.

The amp I currently have is actually a Fender Rumble 15. And now that I have a better bass, I want a better amp so I was looking for a trade at least anyways. The SR500's active pickups are a little too much for the 15 I have as well.
  4. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

In my experience, the Rumble is kind of a basic amp as far as tone goes. It will get the job done, but don't expect the replicate any tube type sounds.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

I guess what I'm asking is as far as value is concerned, comparing the Fender Rumble 150 to the Epiphone El Capitan, am I getting the better deal here? I know they have discontinued the El Capitans and I was trying to find the retail price for them online but haven't had any luck finding any reliable info on that.

I know a local music store in my area sells the Rumble 150 for $370 + tax. I THINK I paid less than that for the bass but I am having a hard time remembering.
  7. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

From what I remember the El Capitan was running about $300-$350 but I can't remember for sure sadly.
  8. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

The Epi El Capitans generally go for more than that new. I remember looking at them and it was closer to $500 for the Capitan. The Segundo was closer to $400
  9. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Guitar center online has 2 used $199 and $299
  10. rtslinger

rtslinger

What condition is it in? makes a difference in the value of course I have a Segundo I paid 385.00 + shipping and a case the Captain was more back then new both quality instruments both discontinued so you need to way that in your decision if yours is in excellent condition I see one of ebay 499.00
  11. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Well, mine is like new and his amp is like new as well.