1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Is this a good trade for me? An Epiphone El Capitan bass for a Fender Rumble 150 amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dogwillhunt80, Jan 28, 2014.

1. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Apr 13, 2012
    Someone offered me their Fender Rumble 150 bass amp for my Epiphone El Capitan acoustic/electric bass.

Is this a good deal for me?

2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    It depends do you need an amp? If so it is a very good amp and I am sure you will get more use of the amp than you will get from your acoustic bass. And value wise they are almost the same.

3. Sponsored by:

4. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Apr 13, 2012
    Yes I do need an amp. I recently obtained an Ibanez SR500, which is a much better bass and what I'm looking for, as opposed to the El Capitan.

The amp I currently have is actually a Fender Rumble 15. And now that I have a better bass, I want a better amp so I was looking for a trade at least anyways. The SR500's active pickups are a little too much for the 15 I have as well.

5. In my experience, the Rumble is kind of a basic amp as far as tone goes. It will get the job done, but don't expect the replicate any tube type sounds.

6. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Apr 13, 2012
    I guess what I'm asking is as far as value is concerned, comparing the Fender Rumble 150 to the Epiphone El Capitan, am I getting the better deal here? I know they have discontinued the El Capitans and I was trying to find the retail price for them online but haven't had any luck finding any reliable info on that.

I know a local music store in my area sells the Rumble 150 for $370 + tax. I THINK I paid less than that for the bass but I am having a hard time remembering.

7. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    From what I remember the El Capitan was running about $300-$350 but I can't remember for sure sadly.

8. The Epi El Capitans generally go for more than that new. I remember looking at them and it was closer to $500 for the Capitan. The Segundo was closer to $400

9. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    Guitar center online has 2 used $199 and $299

10. What condition is it in? makes a difference in the value of course I have a Segundo I paid 385.00 + shipping and a case the Captain was more back then new both quality instruments both discontinued so you need to way that in your decision if yours is in excellent condition I see one of ebay 499.00

11. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

Apr 13, 2012
    Well, mine is like new and his amp is like new as well.